cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 11.5 Overprovisioned

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

I'm working on a relatively small deployment in a 2 node CUCM cluster that is over provisioned by 1 phone.  That phone was a test phone that can be deleted.  There is already a temp license on the system that expired already before that temporary phone was deleted.  I was able to generate an evaluation license from LRP, but since the expired license file is there I think it's causing an error when I try to import it.  Is there a workaround in this situation?  Can I just restart the CUCM service on the Publisher and then delete the one phone that isn't needed?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reach out to Cisco licensing support, they should be able to help you out with this.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Reach out to Cisco licensing support, they should be able to help you out with this.

Response Signature

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

Ok thanks.  I'll double check if the current SmartNet contract is still active.  If not, will a restart of CUCM correct, at least in the short term?  I just need to delete a single phone. 

No idea how that works as I never been in the locked down state due to being in an noncompliance state pasted the grace period as that should be avoided and I've never been in situation with not being eligible for support. From what I've seen on previous similar posts I think that you'll get some sort of grace period after a restart of the whole CM node, but I have no first hand experience with this.

Response Signature

Tried licensing support chat today and they were able to provide a new file that got the system back in compliance and I was able to remove that extra phone so this is sorted out now. Thanks for the assistance.

Glad you were able to get this resolved. I would appreciate if you would use the option  to mark my response as the solution to your question.

Response Signature