I am running CUCM 184.108.40.20600-52, and I am having troubles with the custom background files being served from the tftp server. I have uploaded all the same files to all three nodes of the cluster. When the phone attempts to retrieve the file, it attempts to get List.xml.sgn; this file does not exist at this time, so the call manager node creates the following – List.xml.sgn, Thumbnail_pic.png.sgn, and Pic.png.sgn and places them in the directory “tftpsgn/Desktops(resolution)”. The tftp server will send the file to the phone, but the phone can not read the file it seems. This happens with both models of phones that I have (7975 and 8865NR). The phones I am testing with fall into two categories; phones that have been factory reset, and ones that I have just cleared the itl files on, both have the same results.
During troubleshooting I have been looking at the RTMT tftp sdl real time trace, and I have noted the following:
After rebooting the tftp service the first request to the node causes – Cluster manager starts transition for proxy tftp, but it name ClusterGWApiTftpPeer as random characters ( like upside question marks, symbols, and fractions; it reminds me of when you have the baud rate wrong on a serial port ). I cannot find any log that will tell me what peer it is trying to use.
I notice that the tftp server also tries to proxy the phone configuration files, phone have no problem registering.
This behavior is noted the exact same on all nodes.
I am unable to see a proxied request come into any other node
I have pulled the List.xml.sgn files and they are signed by the local node that I retrieved them from; and all of the nodes certs are listed as call manager trust, and phone-SAST- trust with each other.
I have check the phone security profile, and I am running unsecured profiles that do not have the encrypted tftp box checked.
I did initially have two additional nodes as part of the cluster but they have been deactivated; I have turned all of the services off at this time.
I have worn the google machine out on this one, and the only thing I can find is CSCv82202; but it only applies to versions earlier than I am running.
Everything I can find says to me that it is a cert error, or a bug. As far as I can tell, each of the nodes should be trusting each other in every possible way. I also do not understand why the node immediately tries proxy tftp; I have not set up proxy tftp at any point (that I know of).
I have edited and uploaded the List.xml files to the appropriate directories along with image files and thumb nails.
I am testing with phones that have the background set in the profile, but i have a few that I am allowing the user to change background to test with. Neither of the two methods allows the phone access to the files.