Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 12.5 fails to send an ACK to CUBE

Hello,

Occasionally I have outbound calls which fail due to lack of ACK from CUCM on a 200 OK from CUBE. The flow goes as shown in the diagram below. Normally a network issue is causing such problems. Here however there is nothing between the CUCM and the CUBE. I am about to open a case with TAC, any suggestions prior that are welcome.

MityoValchev32163_0-1673531276280.png

8 Replies 8

b.winter
VIP
VIP

How does the flow look like in perspective of the CUCM?
Does CUCM ever get an ACK from the calling device?

No, the calling device does not send an ACK. The calling device is not a physical phone or a softphone. It is a CTI port, more specifically an RCP port. We have this setup to allow work from home (incoming on a Service Line----->UCCE---->CUCM (LCP port)------->CUCM (RCP Port)------>Agent's mobile phone.

MityoValchev32163_0-1673531337441.png

TechLvr
Spotlight
Spotlight

Could you upload the actual sip logs as a text file? You can sensor all the sensitive data before uploading. 

These are the logs from CUBE

MrButton
Level 1
Level 1

what do you have setup for the SIP profile under the trunk?  

I had to do Send PRACK and early offers on SDP because I would get similar situations like yours.

Here is what I have in one of the sip trunks.  

MrButton_0-1673536369104.png

My SIP trunk config is the same

MrButton
Level 1
Level 1

what type of connection do you have after the dial-peer connects to the PSTN? Is the handoff a SIP?  SIP Cloud? I implemented a SIP Cloud a while back at another place I was at, because it was cheap.  This went off via internet over a firewall.  At the time this was an ASA5515.  I'd sometimes get ACK sometime wouldn't, or I would just get a call drop after 10 minutes.  I had to disable some default policies for port 5060.  Once I fixed that issue that location never had an issue with voice.

Your case may be different than the ones I have encountered.

Have you engaged with your service provider to see what their system is showing up on their logs? 

My missing ACK is between CUBE and CUCM, that is all internal. Provider does not have much to do here. Apart from that the outgoing call flow will be: Endpoint---->CUCM---->CUBE---->CUSP----SIP Provider. After CUSP all is a black box to me.