Helpful
Replies

CUCM LDAP Directory prepend ipphone digits

fdouble08
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM 10.5.2

Hi,

I have a scenario that includes two CUCM clusters.  DNs on one cluster may overlap DNs on the other.  An Inter Cluster Trunk exists between the two clusters.  A route pattern exists on each cluster that begins with a specific 2 digit code that routes calls for DNs on the other cluster to the ICT.

I use LDAP sync to provide user directory entries ( synced on the ipphone field ).  I wish to create an additional LDAP Sync directory entry to create user records for the users of the other cluster, using a search base specific to their OU.  However, when their ipphone fields are used to create user records, I need them to be pre-pended with the 2 digit code of the ICT so that when dialed from the directory, the calls will be routed to the ICT.  How can I accomplish this?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You would be better to populate the LDAP directory with non-ambiguous numbers, such as the full +e164 number, or the full extension number with prefix in all cases.

Then just configure your CUCM so that those numbers route as you want them to.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

The OU in which I need to prepend digits to is used by another CUCM cluster.  Therefore, I prefer not to change what they already have in place.