Views
Helpful
Replies

Cucm sip trunk

CtnLucian48440
Level 1
Level 1

hello all,

I'm trying to set some things as follow: network A has a VOIP pbx, network B has cucm, and network C has a cucm also. Net A see Net B but not Net C, Net B see Net C. I have setup a sip trunk from voip pbx to net B cucm and its working fine,  a sip trunk from cucm B to cucm C, and its working fine also. The question is, how can i reach from A voip to C cucm using the two sip trunks. An sip phone from A to a sip phone from C is ringing but no sound. I suppose all my rtp traffic is dropped. Any ideea why? I use 2 route patterns to get the sip trunk by the sip trunk.  Thank you all

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That’s not going to work as the trunks in CUCM B will only handle the signaling, not the audio (RTP) stream. To bridge these networks/systems together you’d need to have a voice gateway that acts as an SBC. This can be achieved with a Cisco router with Cube functionality that has a interface in network B and one in network C. On each of the systems, PBX A and CUCM C setup a SIP trunk to the SBC and configure call routing in the gateway with dial peers to connect the two systems together. With a SBC both signaling and media traffic will traverse through the router, to achieve a connection between systems and endpoints.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi,
You have to create SIP Trunks as mentioned below.

Net A - SIP TRUNK to B & C
NET B- SIP TRUNK to A & C
NET C- SIP TRUNK TO B & A

In each Network Telephony system you have to add the information of each Telephony server to which you are going to reach.

Mark my post if it is clear for you.

As i told in my post , Net A is not viasbile to C and vice-versa, so i was trying to do it by passing all the signaling and traffic via net B cucm.

That’s not going to work as the trunks in CUCM B will only handle the signaling, not the audio (RTP) stream. To bridge these networks/systems together you’d need to have a voice gateway that acts as an SBC. This can be achieved with a Cisco router with Cube functionality that has a interface in network B and one in network C. On each of the systems, PBX A and CUCM C setup a SIP trunk to the SBC and configure call routing in the gateway with dial peers to connect the two systems together. With a SBC both signaling and media traffic will traverse through the router, to achieve a connection between systems and endpoints.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: