Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM upgrade 8.5/6 to 9.1

satish rawat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ALL,

I am trying to upgrade CUCM from base 8.5/8.6 to 9.1 and its failing with attached message. I verified MD5 checksum and it matches with one given at cisco download. I am running 8.5.1.10000-26 and 8.6.1.20000-1 in my lab. I also installed ciscocm.free_common_space_v1.0.cop.sgn and  ciscocm.refresh_upgrade_v1.1.cop.sgn from CCO on base cm 8.6/8.6 version but continue to get a message that says : The selected iso file is not valid. this indicates that the download of the iso file corrupted the file or the iso file on the remote serrver is corrupt". Not sure what is going on

I know cisco has changed licensing on cm 9.1 but it should not impact upgrade procedure...anyone has run into this issue ? any ideas ??

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

did you verify the MD5 checksum if it is correct or not. did you install  ciscocm.refresh_upgrade_v1.1.cop.sgn on all servers ?

kindly check the below link for direct upgrade paths

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr1.pdf

HTH

Anas

please rate if it is helpful

satish rawat
Level 1
Level 1

Yes.. I have mentioned all preliminary steps I already performed

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

really it is weird. it should work. I don't know if it is related to Hardware requirement. is your hardware support CCM 9.1

kevinmpotts
Level 1
Level 1

I'm working on a new install and I did a fresh CUCM 8.6.x install using the 9.x ova's. I then registered my licenses. I then did my 9.1.1 upgrades (this is important for ELM license migration) When the upgrades are all done go to ELM calculate and assign your DLU's and then apply for your 9.1 license.

It all sounds so easy but it took me a week to figure this mess out.

Good luck, Kevin

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App