Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCME Install

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Everyone

I have a friend who just picked up a contract to install CUCME and he asked me to help him out. I'm familiar with CUCM but not CUCME, I've never worked on it before but I wanted to know if it pretty straight forward to install and configure. If so is there any sites that anyone can recommend that I can read up on and any kind of literature that I can read that will help me out.All he gave me was what the hardware was and he told me it was  Cisco C2901-VSEC-CUBE/K9 and that they want 5 phones installed. Any help would be greatly appreciate and thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeadm.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime

I wanted to know would you know off hand how long does an install of CUCME take. Because they told me that they want me to be onsite at 1:30 to be there for 2 when the telcom provider does the PRI. And this office closes at 5.

You can complete the installation, testing and add five phones in less than three hours. Since you are doing it for the first time, why don't you practice it in the lab?

-Sunil

That is what I wish I had, I'm at home and my friend doesn't have access to any hardware, I won't have it until I go onsite tomorrow