cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cue voice mail backup and restore

michael.lisong
Level 1
Level 1

tomorrow , i need to install NM-CUE module , instead a old NM-CUE-CE module.

but some doubt about backup and restore operating .

1) if in old module have 63 voice mail boxs ( it have 100 license about voicemails) , and new NM-CUE have only 60 licenses about vicemails .

i restore all date and confiuration to new module , OK???

2) if i restore all date and configuration into new module, did all of propmts and scripts exist in the NM-CUE...

1 Reply 1

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're likely going to have issues going to a platform with less disk space and less available mailboxes.  It won't let you create all the users, that's for sure.

Also, the size of each mailbox is defined on a per user basis, and you may exceed the total disk space with even just 60 users from the CUE-EC module.  So you may need to tweak the configuration to lower the mailbox sizes such that the total count is less than the total disk space of the CUE moduel.

You should test this out in your lab and see how the restore goes.  Worst case scenario, delete enough users to only have 60 users on the old system, change the mailbox sizes in the config, and then take a backup like that to restore on the new device.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: