cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUEAC -where's the enterprise features???

Liz Bentler
Level 1
Level 1

How on earth does it qualify as an enterprised solution when something as basic as multiple time zones is not supported? Does anyone know if this is on the road map?  Using CUCM to acomplish time of day routing for multiple offices in multiple time zones is painful at best. How about basing licensing on actual logged in users rather than configured users?  Users like to customize the client's look and feel as well as speed dials. Support for holidays? Ability to edit the number of rings or control routing based in number of rings as well? Ability to adjust a queue with out resynching everything with CUCM which takes down the rest of the queues? I am new to this product but thus far it seems extremely light on features and sure does not feel like an "enterprise" solution.  If I am missing something please let me know.  We are currently running 8.0.0.5 and will be upgrading to 8.5 in the next couple months.  Hopefully some of these items are addressed in future releases or on the road map. Liz

7 Replies 7

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Nope, you're dead on: The CUxAC products are garbage. Direct your rage at your AM; everyone else is as well. The BU has so far been too arrogant to accept they made a mistake by choosing to OEM the Arc products.

Some partners have started selling competing solutions. Here are the two I'm aware. I have not used these personally so do not interrupt this as an endorsement.

Bridge Communications

IP Touchphone

Jonathan

If I could have given you +50 for that post I would. Spot on; the Cisco OEMd AC products are utter junk.

Liz: complain to your AM. Apparently Cisco is "listening to its partners" this year. I've yet to see much evidence of it personally, however at some point the BU is going to have to wake up and listen to what is going on with their customers. Or is this me just dreaming again..?

Barry

JASON WELCH
Level 1
Level 1

Having tested the CUEAC product in the wake of the decision to  upgrade from CUCM 7.1.5 to 8.5, I couldn't agree more with any of these  posters.  CUEAC is a not an enterprise product, the old AC built into 7.x and earlier  was 10x the AC this piece of work is (and thats saying a lot because  the old AC was, well.......rough around the edges).

We have offices in multiple countries, all of which  need an AC.  Because CUEAC doesn't support multiple timezones the only  thing we could do is to choose not to use the 'after-hours' feature and  tell the remote offices to put their console into "emergency mode" to  forward to VM or alternate number.  For an 'enterprise' product it sure  seems like they only planned this for use in a small/medium sized  company with one location, maybe two, but in the same timezone.

I cannot believe that they didn't build in personal  directories!  The speed dials option in CUEAC is an absolute JOKE as you  cannot serach the speed dials!  Serious?  Most of our operators have  hundreds of speed dials/personal directory entries.  Most of these  entries are for contacts outside of our company so of course we don't  want to add them to our corporate directory. We can add alternate  contact numbers in CUEAC for users in our coporate directories, but  there is no import option from the old AC so all of this would need to  be done manually.

I can speak on the Bridge  Communications product as well as I just finished my eval of it.  I have  to give the creators a small bit of praise as they did build in  searchable speed dials and personal directory entries which can be  imported fro a .csv format, but their software is buggy and you cannot  drag and drop connected calls to your personal directory to transfer or  manage the calls.  BOC will only import .csv format (standard MS Outlook  format) for their speed dials, but the current Cisco AC exports as an  XML file.  I finally found an XML to .csv converter but the fields were  completely off and I had to copy/paste/move columns and rows to match  what BOC wanted, needless to say that took me the better part of a day.   Since the imported speed dials are only viewable for the user that you  created them for, this is something I would have to do for each operator  user.  I also ran into an issue with shared lines not showing up  correctly in the directory even after going through and configuring  which phone was the 'primary controlling' phone for the shared line.   All the shared extensions in our company (about 100) were listed and  "Not Known" for the name fields.  I also ran into an issue after adding  all of our devices to the BOC user that anytime the BOC TAPI GUI was  running our CUCM pub was running at ~70% CPU utilization.  At first I  hoped it was just because it was populating the DB or something, so I  let it run like that for over a week but there was still no change.  I  tried contacting the BOC support but never heard back from them.  I  ended up uninstalling the app and moved on to CUEAC.......which was also  a mistake.

As of right now I'm stuck at finding an AC  that is the right fit for our company and I'm probably going to put off  the CUCM upgrade until I find something better.

Just my  2 cents to anyone reading this: don't even consider CUEAC in the state  that the application is in right now; I'm tested version 8.6.1.9.  As  for BOC, I guess it wouldn't be too bad of a product if they could  resolve the CPU load spike on the CUCM pub and the drag and drop calls  to personal directories.

I'm currently testing CUBAC and it's terrible compared to the standard AC that's been included in CUCM up to 7.x. 

I can't manage multiple lines on a phone?

I can't import the old speed dials?  I can't create tabs or categorize speed dials?

I can't move, hide, or manipulate the individual windows?

Are you kidding me with this?  Cisco wants us to pay for a server and both a Windows and CUBAC license for LESS features and functionality than the free AC we've happily been using all these years?

We've already complained to our Account Rep.  We really want to upgrade to CUCM 8.x but can't because of this headache.  At this point, I would gladly pay to keep the old AC with any new versions of CUCM.

*Update 11-22-2011* Just discovered Fidelus Console.  It does everything the old AC could do, and best of all, it doesn't require a server!  It's a bit pricey, but worth it.  I had it up and working in 10 minutes.

jamgale
Level 3
Level 3

Liz Bentler wrote:

How on earth does it qualify as an enterprised solution when something as basic as multiple time zones is not supported? Does anyone know if this is on the road map?  Using CUCM to acomplish time of day routing for multiple offices in multiple time zones is painful at best. How about basing licensing on actual logged in users rather than configured users?  Users like to customize the client's look and feel as well as speed dials. Support for holidays? Ability to edit the number of rings or control routing based in number of rings as well? Ability to adjust a queue with out resynching everything with CUCM which takes down the rest of the queues? I am new to this product but thus far it seems extremely light on features and sure does not feel like an "enterprise" solution.  If I am missing something please let me know.  We are currently running 8.0.0.5 and will be upgrading to 8.5 in the next couple months.  Hopefully some of these items are addressed in future releases or on the road map. Liz

Liz, Out of Hours routing for each queue is currently on the roadmap. Licensing is based on concurrently logged in users, you can configure as many accounts as you like but can only log in the number of operators based on the amount of licenses you have. A overhaul of the GUI is also on the roadmap for a future release, this will include an improved way of how the speed dials work. Support for holidays is part of the Out of Hours routing work and will be available at the same time. A sync when you create a new queue should not affect the current system setup unless you are changing the existing numbers. The latest release (8.6.2) also has a new feature called Personal Directory Groups, this allows the Operator to create a subset of the main directory based on filter rules or dragging and dropping contacts.

... Still the product is very, very, disappointing! We were 'forced' to use the CUEAC by one of our customers and now have experienced this 'Enterprise' product and it's terrible; Queue salutations: a popup with the text to say on screen? What?? Where are the features for queue announcements ("Welcome to...", "...one moment please, all our attendants are busy...", ...). Terrible translations/languages, terrible, hard to read icons, a keyboard strip with the license papers that doesn't match the application, ....

Cisco; please stop selling this product!

have a look at www.peter-connects.com; fantastic compared to this!

Ahmed Abdullahi
Level 1
Level 1

I wish I'd read this 2 months ago.  CUEAC is such a disappointment, it's so bad we've stopped using it.