Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS federation with XMPP clients

Hi All,

We have recently upgraded to CUPS 8.x

We are looking forward to do CUPS federation for IM with XMPP clients(Gtalk and IBM sametime). I had a look at the integration

guide for CUPS interdomain federation and found ASA being using for security.......I do not find any other integration doc other than

this.

Is ASA mandatory ?? Can't we achieve this without ASA ?

What would be the other prerequisites ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies 4

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

I guess you were looking at the wrong document.  The documentation you were looking at was for SIP federation.

ASA is not required for XMPP federation.  (It's not required for SIP federation either.  But Cisco made it a "recommended config").

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your response.

I was looking at the doc "Integration_Guide_Cisco_Unified_Presence80_Interdomain_Federation_June142010.pdf"

In this when i see "configuring cisco unified presence for xmpp federation" under DNS configuration it includes ASA configuration as well.

Hi Deepak, do you have any document with specific information about that federation configuration  between CUPS 8.5 and   google talk?. The source information from Cisco is very low and very general. I require do this integration without ASA.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We are looking at federating CUPS with WebEx Connect. In order to do this we need to open a path through the ASA to our Presence server, otherwise how would the WebEx connect traffic get there?