cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Determine DID from CUCM, Unity, RTMT

the Q
Level 1
Level 1

In general, is there a way to determine a Direct Inward Dial (DID) number from CUCM?  If there is an extension at 5000, which can receive calls from the outside, how can I find the whole 10-digit number?  -- npa-nxx-5000. 

In specific, our voicemail is at 5000, and people used to check their voicemails from their cellphones with that number, but now, no one can remember the npa-nxx for it, and several people have asked me to find it. 

I've asked people that have been around for a while, and they told me I should look in CUCM, but I've tried and I can't figure out where it would be located.  They don't know either but, like me, figure it's probably in CUCM somewhere. 

I have RTMT installed, but if no one is using the npa-nxx-5000 number now, it won't ever show up in RTMT, will it?

The DID may be in the CUBE too? ... I don't have a login/password for the CUBE, but if it's definitely in the CUBE I can go bother someone for it.  This is kind of a bad option, though. 

What about some way to make a call outbound from Unity to see the DID on Caller ID?

If it can be found in CUCM 8.5.1, Unity Connection 8.5.1, or RTMT, that would be great. 

Any ideas?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's no way to find that out from CUCM, RTMT or any configuration (unless you're actually receiving the full 10 digits DID from telco, and that's how you have it configured in your GW/CUBE and CUCM)

Call your telco and start from there, there's a chance you're not even getting more than 4 digits from them.

Find out your DID range, how many digits you get, and then map that info to the CUCM config, not the other way around.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

My friend Java is right (+5) in that you may just want to check

with your provider or even have a quick look at your Telco bill

You might also try setting up an "Outcall" notification from your

CUC mailbox to your mobile and may get lucky to get the proper

CLID with npa-nnx-5000.

Cheers!

Rob

"May your heart always be joyful
And may your song always be sung
May you stay forever young " 

- Dylan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's no way to find that out from CUCM, RTMT or any configuration (unless you're actually receiving the full 10 digits DID from telco, and that's how you have it configured in your GW/CUBE and CUCM)

Call your telco and start from there, there's a chance you're not even getting more than 4 digits from them.

Find out your DID range, how many digits you get, and then map that info to the CUCM config, not the other way around.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

My friend Java is right (+5) in that you may just want to check

with your provider or even have a quick look at your Telco bill

You might also try setting up an "Outcall" notification from your

CUC mailbox to your mobile and may get lucky to get the proper

CLID with npa-nnx-5000.

Cheers!

Rob

"May your heart always be joyful
And may your song always be sung
May you stay forever young " 

- Dylan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: