cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual Environment - Running 8.5 and 9.0 at the same time?

Luis Sanchez
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently running 8.5 on UCM, Unity, UCCX, Presence, and Attendant Console. I would like to upgrade to 9.0.

Can I deploy 9.0 on different Virtual Machines, get it all configured and tested, and then do a seamless cutover?

Or do I have to upgrade from 8.5 to 9.0 with no way back?

1 Reply 1

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I think the best path for you depends on the requirement.  If you are already running virtualized 8.5 and don't really have any hardware compatibility issues to consider, then it would probably be more straightforward to upgrade the existing applications to 9.0.  There is the option to revert back to a previous version after an upgrade; however, there are a number of things to think about there especially if you run the new version for a while before running into an issue.  Not knowing particulars about your environment, I think it might be a good idea to possibly run what I call an "alpha" or test environment.  You could stand up a parallel set of VM's running new versions in a lab environment and run a test plan to validate any number of things.  In conjunction with a bug scrub and reading up on the new version, you could then validate whether you are ready to make that move in your production environment.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: