cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Have to restart server or services

erikbcb01
Level 1
Level 1

We run CCX 8.5 and periodically, every 6 or 7 months, we have to restart the server, because various problems arise: agents unable to log in, or calls not getting through.

Today, we agents got first, on login attempt, an XML parse error, then later something like phone service not available.

I restarted the CCX Engine service, did not seem to do any good, but a restart of service Cisco Desktop Browser and  IP Phone Agent Service seems to have fixed it, last restart was 221 days ago.

Any idea why this keeps happening, and at this interval? I'm unable to find anything of concern when I look at memory consumption and CPU usage.

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ideally you need to troubleshoot the error first by collecting the logs specific to those services. By checking the logs we can check for any bug that applies to your specific 8.5.x version, you can use the UCCX troubleshooting guide specific to your version to perform the basic troubleshooting.  From your end you can make sure that you are at least running the latest UCCX 8.5.x version available to take care of any existing bugs ( if you are not planning to upgrade your cluster anytime soon ).

Manish

- Do rate useful posts -

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

I suggest you upgrade your UCCX version to the last version, because 8.5 this version Cisco does not supply support anymore.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-express/eos-eol-notice-c51-731138.html

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: