cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can i find the Phone Device Name in CM6?

k-renouard
Level 1
Level 1

If i have the extension number of User Device profile (And the UDP name). How can i find the SEP device name of the phone the user is logged into. Easy in CM4.x by doing a Route Plan Report and entering the Extension number, but in CM6 this only provides the UDP. Any ideas, without having to call the extension and asking the user to find the information in 'Settings'. I have a need to reset just that 1 phone.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Keith,

I think I have found a way to resolve your issue. Using RTM tool you can run a report on all/any phone type and this will tell you which user is logged into which SEP Device.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

If the user is logged-in, then you find the SEP device by searching for the phone by the DN of the UDP.

Under Device/Phones, select find, and find by extension and enter the DN of the UDP. If the user is logged-in, the search should return the SEP device, then you can reset it.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Allan.

Thanks Alan, but that does not seen to work, i can enter the phones auto registration numbers and SEP phones are displayed, but not if i enter a logged in UDP's extension number.

Any other ideas, has a service locked up, or db error.

PS. This is CUCMBE6

Most perculiar, what I described works ok for CCM 5.x. Can I suggest that you try the DNA and see whether this provides the Device Name when selecting the line.

Regards

Allan.

Hi Alan,

I can use the Dialed Number Analyzer on the CUCM6BE but have no idea what analysis you refer to. Have you tried this on cm6 or are you using CM5 as a reference. Remember i am using the Busuiness Edition CM6 and Unity Connection on the same box with Linux as its base. I have done a dozen CM4.1 or CM4.2 and they are much easier to find this information.

I can NOT do an Analysis->Phones for the logged in users extension DN(7XXX) only the DN that a phone had from auto registration (ie the DN when it is logged out)(in my case 1XXX range).

When i do an Analysis->Analyzer from Calling Party 7068 for example to a valid Dialed Digits there is no reference to and MacAddress.

AS you may know, from the CCMAdmin, if you go to a line on someones 'User Device Profile' then you see all lines with the same DN/Partition. This is not the case in CM6 and i believe this is either a fault on this CM6 or an unfortunate miss by cisco with CM6 in general.

So back to any one for more ideas???

Keith

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

The UDP Profile that you see should be UDP, so try doing a search for SEP that you got from the UDP Profile, this should take you to the phone where the user is logged in to.

The user device profile names we have do not have any MAC address reference. Where are you seeing this? How did you get there?

on CM6, if you go to "Device - Phone" on the upper left, there is a "Related Link" that says "Actively logged In Device Report". Click on that and you can search from that screen on who or what dn is logged in to any device.

Please rate helpful posts.

Mike

Thanks for the reply Mike,

But now i'm thinking the Business Edition may be a bit different to the full CM6. There is no "Actively logged In Device Report" in the "Related Links" drop box. If i wanted to find who was logged into a particular phone i would just scroll down the 'Phone Configuration ' page to the 'Extension Information' section where you see the 'Enable Extension Mobility' check box. And there you can see the 'Current Device Profile' that is logged in.

What i am trying to do is go to an individuals User Device Profile and find what phone he/she is logged onto. i.e. The reverse of what you were trying to do. On CM4.x you could just go to the DN and see both the UDP and the SEP device with the logged on extension DN. Unfortunately even thought a user is logged in on the CM6BE admin pages the phones DN is always the Auto registered DN not the logged on user device profiles' DN.

Thanks again

Keith

anyone else!!!!

Hi Keith,

I think I have found a way to resolve your issue. Using RTM tool you can run a report on all/any phone type and this will tell you which user is logged into which SEP Device.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: