cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to migrate configuration and phones form CUCM 8.6.2 un-restrict to a 8.6.2 restrict version?

Qiyu Bao
Level 1
Level 1

hi, guys

my customer want to have an upgrade job for their cucm which version is 8.6.2 -21900 un-restricted  to cucm 10.5 restricted version

as we known that , the un-restricted version can not be upgraded to restricted version directly, so we planed to export all the configuration

of the un-restricted CUCM and upload the configuration files to a 8.6.2-21900 restricted CUCM which needed to installed as a new one, then

upgrade the restricted one to version 10.5

but finally failed .  anyone have  tested it ? or anyone can provide me a better way ?

4 Replies 4

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Its a rare scenario. Refer to the notes here from someone who has done this, if you haven't already seen this:

http://nicholasmarus.com/blog/unrestricted-to-restricted-migration/

-Terry

Please rate helpful posts

thanks  , the post listed some key points , but it's better if there were  some step by step  guides

Hi there is no step by step guide from Cisco as far as I know as Cisco doesn't support this path Unrestricted to restricted. But you are pretty much on right path, install the new CUCM, export/import config. Take the key notes from the post above and you will need to hit and trial with the import/export to make it work.

If you are getting stuck with the import try involving TAC.

-Terry

Please rate helpful posts

Qiyu Bao
Level 1
Level 1

any other guys can provide some suggestions? or step guides?