Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM 7.x to 9.x Upgrade

sreemanp11
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I've a scenario in which I'm currently running with ICM 7.x setup and i want to upgrade it to ICM 9.x. Is it possible to upgrade to ICM 9.x directly from ICM 7.x. or I've to upgrade first from 7.x to 8.x and then 8.x to 9.x ? What is the exact procedure to be followed?

Thanks,

Sreeman

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gnanem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If you are upgrading to 9.0(1), then you must either perform a Technology refresh from 8.0(1)/8.5(1) and above. Common Ground upgrade is supported for 8.5(2) and above running on Windows 2008 R2.

Regards,

Gnan.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

gnanem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If you are upgrading to 9.0(1), then you must either perform a Technology refresh from 8.0(1)/8.5(1) and above. Common Ground upgrade is supported for 8.5(2) and above running on Windows 2008 R2.

Regards,

Gnan.

Hi Gnan,

Thanks  for ur response.

Thats correct but i need to upgrade from 7.0 to 9.0, could you please tell me the steps in brief for the upgrade. How do i need to backup and restore the databases twice using EDMT. The question here is do i need to install 8.0 in between or can i migrate the database to 9.0 even without installing 8.0.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: