Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing Unity 7 with Domino

JustForVoice_2
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I am trying to install Unity7 with Domino with fail-over for secondary unity. I did the installation one time before for primary unity server long time before.

I do not remember all steps but what I remember it should be very straight forward. I should do what usaully I am doing for Unity with exchange except exchange part, I should install lotus Notes rather than exchange tools ( Did I miss anything else?)

I faced a problem while installing Unity software, Message store configuration wizard.

I entered the password of Domino user and then the wizard moved me to primary address book information:

Name: Primary address book

Address Book: names.nsf

if I pressed Verify a message appears contain the following error:

unable to verify server and/or address book. the following Notes occurred:

(0x803) Unable to find path to server. Check that network connection is working. If you have a working connection, go to preferences - Notes Ports and click Trace to discover where it breaks down.

the secondary server in DRC while Domino and Primary Unity in different location and there is a firewall in between but I checked with security guyes and they said every thing is open between Secondary Unity and Domino

Any suggestion?

1 Reply 1

JustForVoice_2
Level 4
Level 4

Anybody can tell me if I missed anything?

1. Installing Windows using platform CD.
  2. Installing SQL 2000 unity message store.
  3. Installing SQL  Service Pack.
  4. Installing .Net frame work and crystal report and other required software.
  5. Installing Lotus Notes.
  6. Installing Unity software.

Is there any need to install csserver and csadmin or csclient?

Shall I install anything related to IBM except Lotus Notes??

I just need to know if I did any mistake during the installation? if I did not, I can contact Domino administrator to check from their side.

Regards,