cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Insufficient License after installing device pack

Josh Young
Level 1
Level 1

I installed a device pack a couple of weeks ago to add support for new phones.  I am running CallManager 8.6.2.20000-2 and installed the 8.6.26154-1 device pack.  Ever since making that change, I have had a "License Warnings: System is operating on insufficient licenses.  Please upload additional license files" message whenever I log into CallManager.  We have two nodes installed (each running on a physical server).  I have confirmed that we have two licenses installed that each supports one node, but when I go to the License Unit Report, it shows 1 unit authorized, but 2 used in the node license feature.  I did not look at this before the upgrade (or don't recall), but should both nodes be listed in the report?  I have verified that the License Manager service is running on both nodes, so I don't think that is the issue.  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Josh,

I am just guessing :

Do u have multiple licenses files in existing Call Manager?

If yes, can u ask licensing@cisco.com to consolidate into one single file and then, upload to check.but prior to that , u need to delete all lic files.

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Are you going to System -> Licenses to view this report or somewhere else? if its a node license, Cisco licensing should be able to cut you another node license. If its missing DLUs, then you might have to purchase some more DLUs.

Please rate useful posts.

System - Licensing - License Unit Report.  If there are two nodes (each on a separate device with a separate IP address), should I be seeing both under CCM Node License Feature, or just the Publisher Node?  Right now, I just see the Publisher Node, which registers as 1 Unit Authorized, but 2 Units Used. 

It should be 2 Units authorized and i believe that might be your issue. Weird you are hitting this issue now after a device pack upgrade but in any case, i would say, open a case with Cisco Licensing and request another node license. It will only show the Publisher node under CCM Node license feature but the count is what is important, in your case 1 authorized but 2 used. 

Please rate useful posts.

Hi Josh,

I am just guessing :

Do u have multiple licenses files in existing Call Manager?

If yes, can u ask licensing@cisco.com to consolidate into one single file and then, upload to check.but prior to that , u need to delete all lic files.

regds,

aman

We order phones on a semi-regular basis, so yes, there were multiple license files.  I went through TAC, but the short story is that yes, I did have to have them consolidated into one file.  Thanks!

Mohammed Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Josh,

From the CUCM CLI check if you server has two CCM Node Licence. Either you will have one file cover both license or two different files having two licenses

admin:file view license CCMXXXXXXXXXX.lic

INCREMENT CCM_NODE cisco 5.0 permanent uncounted \
        VENDOR_STRING=<Count>2</Count><OrigMacId>1BD5BD7F0C6A</OrigMacId><LicMacId>1BD5BD7F0C6A</LicMacId><LicFileVersion>2.0</LicFileVersion> \
        HOSTID=HOSTNAME=1BD5BD7F0C6A \
end of the file reached

HTH,

Regards,

Mohammed Noor

There are two separate licenses that each cover one node.  I can see both licenses in CallManager when I go to License - License File Upload. 

Try reboot the cluster in MW and see if that makes any difference. Additional open a Cisco TAC case.

Regards,

Mohammed Noor