cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to make CUCM TFTP public?

iverson.justin
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to make CUCM TFTP public?  I have some phones i don't want to ship back to HQ but they need new config files and also need new ITL files.  Can I push them over NAT?  Do Cisco phones need icmp  for tftp to work?  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would never recommended it, but the short answer to your question is that CUCM TFTP can be public. The question is would you really want to open it up that way for many potential risks.  Remember a TFTP is a node/process within a cluster, so you need to make sure this node is able to communicate with the Publisher on many ports, depending what else the node is doing that would need to be opened, etc.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would never recommended it, but the short answer to your question is that CUCM TFTP can be public. The question is would you really want to open it up that way for many potential risks.  Remember a TFTP is a node/process within a cluster, so you need to make sure this node is able to communicate with the Publisher on many ports, depending what else the node is doing that would need to be opened, etc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: