Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with Time of Day Routing

ALIAOF_
Level 6
Level 6

Here is what I am trying to accomplish:

- When someone dials internal extension 1000 during business hours it rings multiple phones

- When someone dials internal extension 1000 during non business hours it forwards to a cell phone

Here is what I have done:

- I created a new partition "AfterHours" for example and associated the times in there

- Next I copied extension 1000 and in the copy I added it to "AfterHours" partition

- Extension 1000 that is in the "AfterHours" partition is CFA to a cell number

- Next I added that partition to all the other CSS's on the top so it takes precendence

- However when I call extension 1000 it is only boradcasting to all the phones but not sending calls to the cell phone.

NOTE:  I'm using the shared line feature and I have this extension setup on all the 3 phones that need to ring.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.  Thank you.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So, you have two DNs 1000 on different partitions, each associated to their TOD schedule???

And the calling devices have both partitions on their CSS??

There are plenty of threads on TOD along with videos on how to configure this, have you reviewed.them???

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

So, you have two DNs 1000 on different partitions, each associated to their TOD schedule???

*** Yes

*** I'm assuming you mean the physical phones.  I can only configure a single CSS on the phone and it is configured with one and then I have the "AfterHours" partition assigned to that CSS on the top.

There are plenty of threads on TOD along with videos on how to configure this, have you reviewed.them???

*** 10 4 sir that is how I was able to even get all this setup.

*** I'm assuming you mean the physical phones.  I can only configure a single CSS on the phone and it is configured with one and then I have the "AfterHours" partition assigned to that CSS on the top.

That doesn't answer the question, do you have the partition of both 1000 DNs in the same CSS???????

Also, something pretty obvious, but I need to ask... have you changed the time from each DN on their schedules to test????? I'd assume that right now what you're seeing is the expected behavior. Exactly how are you testing this????

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

That doesn't answer the question, do you have the partition of both 1000 DNs in the same CSS???????

*** Yes 1000 DNs are associated with two partition so for example

a) INTERNAL

b) AfterHours

Next there is a CSS both are associated with "LD-XX-CSS".  In that CSS I have both partitions with "AfterHours" being on the top.

Also, something pretty obvious, but I  need to ask... have you changed the time from each DN on their schedules  to test????? I'd assume that right now what you're seeing is the  expected behavior. Exactly how are you testing this????

*** Yes I am changing time to the currently time as I test this under Time Period

Note: DN that is associated with the main partitiaon i.e; "INTERNAL" , time schedule is set to "None" on that.