cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP import for users to Unity failing - Restriction Table Violation

4thgenceli
Level 1
Level 1

Restriction tables all appear to be standard.

To test I've built a new one allow ???? and block 9??????????* (should block anything over 10 digits prefixed with a 9).  The * is also allowed.

I've updated the COS to reflect the new table I built (and only use it) but still getting the same import error --

ERROR importing user (USERNAME) : The Extension or Phone Number or URI violated a restriction in the Restriction Table.

Honestly lost on where to look - there haven't been any changes to the tables as far as I can tell. Max length of dial string is set to 4, minimum set to 1.

Any suggestions on where to look?  Using Unity 11.5.

4 Replies 4

Marco Rojas Abarca
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for reaching out to CSC. After some research done, based on my research I suggest you to check:

1. Check if "*" is being blocked under 'User-Defined and Automatically-Added Alternate Extensions' restriction table.

2. Verify if length of Directory URI of user is greater than the Maximum Length of Dial String value assigned for the User-Defined and Automatically-Added Alternate Extensions.

The following defect has been created as an enhancement for this second suggestion:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCva64904/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Hope this information helps,

Marco R.

Just turned out to be some poor language and mis-interpretations. Changed the dial max up from 4 and all set.

Just turned out to be some poor language and mis-interpretations. Changed the dial max up from 4 and all set.

cstcorpnp
Level 1
Level 1

In my case, I went to the end user, removed the email address from the Directory URI field and tried to import the user again and it was successful. Did not have to modify the restriction table.

Our Unity Version - 11.5