cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Missed calls on a button

Bruce Hirayama
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer requesting to have the Missed Calls listing put on a softkey or possibly as a Service URL. Does anyone know if this can be done on 7841 phones?

7 Replies 7

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

I don't think it is, sorry.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Hi.

CUCM doesn't provide it "out of the box", but you can take a look at 3rd party product from Cisco solution partner - http://aurus5.com/phoneup/directory. It will give you exactly what you need and even more - the list of missed calls appears automatically on the IP phone display and contains name of employees, and companies that called you.

I'd love to know how they get the list of missed calls from the phone. There's no published API for doing such a thing. The Missed Calls internal URL only exists on the 79xx series phones too.

GTG

You can contact Aurus to obtain the PhoneUP promo license. Its totally free for 5 devices.

It seems that they're using the new External Call Control Profile feature in CUCM10. From reading the CUCM API docs, I can't see how they work out what a missed call is, though. (The API only triggers on call setup, not call clear down, so you'll never know if the call is answered)

The ability to alpha-tag calls centrally is something I'm very interested in, though...

GTG

Bruce Hirayama
Level 1
Level 1

It turns out that there is bug with the 7841 phone load that I was using that prevents internal URL's from working. I updated to the latest phone load and I now have Missed Calls working as a Service URL on a button.

You mean BugId CSCuq72739 ? I know all about that bug ;-)

My impression was that these internal URLs were being deprecated: They're not supported on all phones.

GTG