cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving Virtual Unified Communications Manager from C200 to C220 M5

tbelfield
Level 1
Level 1

Has anybody used veeam quick migration to move call managers from one esxi host to new esxi host. I want to know if there are any issues. Cisco TAC stated they have not tested it so they do not support it. Veeam is telling me there it should work.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you can use vMotion then that becomes a breeze, if vMotion is not an option (i.e. no vCenter) then use SCP to move the VMs to new hosts.  Alternatively, if you have an option to upgrade the CUCM to newer version you can perform Prime Collaboration Deployment (PCD) Migration, but it cannot be used without migrating to newer version.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Since Cisco prohibits this, I would always go with the Cisco side. There's been plenty of discussions happening around, but ultimately if you are running  prod environment go with Cisco recommendations.

You can get some more discussions on this forum

https://forums.veeam.com/veeam-backup-replication-f2/cisco-unified-communications-vms-support-t10806.html

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!
***Please rate helpful posts***

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you can use vMotion then that becomes a breeze, if vMotion is not an option (i.e. no vCenter) then use SCP to move the VMs to new hosts.  Alternatively, if you have an option to upgrade the CUCM to newer version you can perform Prime Collaboration Deployment (PCD) Migration, but it cannot be used without migrating to newer version.

Don't shoot the messenger, but VMWare is recommending against moving VMs with SCP.

"To prevent performance and data management related issues on ESX, avoid the use of using scp, cp, or mv for storage operations; instead use vmkfstools, VMware's virtual machine Importer tool."

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1000936