cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network ports blocked

sanjayapanda881
Level 1
Level 1

Firewall may be blocking media on UDP. Call quality may be impacted. For information regarding the network port requirements see the article Network Requirements for Cisco Webex Services.

3 Replies 3

Not sure if I understand what you're actually asking about. Would you please mind to elaborate?

Response Signature

We get this message on several of our endpoints and most recently I logged in and started extended logging and started a webex call.  Looking at the capture I see ports UDP 5004 and 9000 in the pcap, so I'm still puzzled where and how these messages are generated.  I've looked at the network requirements and been through that with out network security team I'm close to having it memorized (smile).

I know the endpoint does a diagnostics test, but what I don't know is the frequency and what part of the diagnostics test would trigger this message.  If any one knows how this message is generated that would be helpful for me at least.  

gfolens
Level 4
Level 4

I have a similar problem with a Webex Desk Pro that resides in the same subnet as 2 other Webex codecs. These 2 other codecs do not show this message.
Our FW admin says the same ports are open for the whole subnet. How can I find out which ports are blocked? Which logfiles to investigate and which entries could give an indication?
The Webex Desk Pro is registered on a local CUCM and configured for Webex Edge for Devices.
On the display I see all the time the message: Network Connection Issues, Calling and wireless sharing may not work as expected".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: