Views
Helpful
Replies

PCP Upgrade

LibinBenedict
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am planning to upgrade Prime Collaboration Provisioning (PCP) from 12.2.659 to the latest version 12.6SU2 as per the CSR 12.5 (as part of the entire collaboration upgrade). I understood from the upgrade guides that it involves upgrade from 12.2 to 12.4, migrate 12.4 to 12.5, upgrade 12.5 to 12.6SU2. As a first step, I will upgrade from 12.2 to 12.4.

1. Do we need to get and install new licenses at each stage of the entire upgrade process? The major version stays at 12 and as I understand traditional licenses are still supported. (License details attached)

2. Will I break PCP if I upgrade ESXi to 6.5 prior to the PCP upgrade from 12.2? (As per virtualization, PCP 12.2 supports up to ESXi 6.0 on C240M4SX but supports 6.5 on M5. Mine is M4 hardware)

Thanks and regards,

Libin Benedict

3 Replies 3

1. Do we need to get and install new licenses at each stage of the entire upgrade process? The major version stays at 12 and as I understand traditional licenses are still supported. (License details attached)

You can use 12.x license with any of the minor Versions if you dont  changes to the MAC address. if you move to 14, you need new license.  From 12.4 you can use both  smart licensing  and traditional licensing. 

2. Will I break PCP if I upgrade ESXi to 6.5 prior to the PCP upgrade from 12.2? (As per virtualization, PCP 12.2 supports up to ESXi 6.0 on C240M4SX but supports 6.5 on M5. Mine is M4 hardware)

No it won't break the PCP. 

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

Thanks for the response.

Will we need to fix the alerts in licensing prior to the upgrade as the number of endpoints managed shows more than 3000 in the license status?

Regards,

Libin Benedict

AFAIK, it wont effect the upgrade. Never come across such scenario.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: