cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone Device housekeeping (faulty)

ampdeck
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to generate list of phone not registered to CUCM? Im trying to do housekeeping for license related stuff. Right now the only way I can see is to sort/search device type and highlight copy/paste to excel sheet. Has anyone got better approach? Thank you.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

In RTMT, go to Voice/Video > Device > Device Search. Do a search for Phones that are Device Only Configured in Database. This will list all phones in the "None" status. If you have CUCM 12.x, you can download this list but in earlier versions it is a view-only list. There might be a way to generate that data with a SQL query, but I don't know how to do that.

Maren

View solution in original post

You cannot pull registration status from SQL, however, you can from the CLI command: show risdb query phone. The thing to know here though, is that you have to run this command on all CM nodes, and each CM node will have a different view of the phones. E.g., You have a phone which registers to Sub1, then you change its CMG and reset it, and now it's registered to Sub2. If you run the CLI command on both servers, Sub1 will report the phone as "unreg" while Sub2 will report "reg".

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

In RTMT, go to Voice/Video > Device > Device Search. Do a search for Phones that are Device Only Configured in Database. This will list all phones in the "None" status. If you have CUCM 12.x, you can download this list but in earlier versions it is a view-only list. There might be a way to generate that data with a SQL query, but I don't know how to do that.

Maren

Cool let me try that. Thank you.

I just reread your original post. If you go through that same search sequence, another option is to list all phones currently in "unregistered" status. Between that and the "None" list, you should have a more complete picture of anything not currently registered.

Maren

Hi Maren,

Forgot to mention that we are currently using v11.0 but so far I cant sort them to "unregistered" or I could be wrong? Could it be only applicable to higher version?

What I meant was that through a similar search in RTMT you can search for Unregistered phones.

I see. will check that. thanks!

You cannot pull registration status from SQL, however, you can from the CLI command: show risdb query phone. The thing to know here though, is that you have to run this command on all CM nodes, and each CM node will have a different view of the phones. E.g., You have a phone which registers to Sub1, then you change its CMG and reset it, and now it's registered to Sub2. If you run the CLI command on both servers, Sub1 will report the phone as "unreg" while Sub2 will report "reg".

Thank you for the info.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: