cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Physical publisher virtual subscriber CUCM version 8.6.2

mikemapp1
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have a pub and sub 8.6.2 on MCS servers. Is it possible to visualize the subscriber and keep the publisher on the MCS server?

The long term plan is to move everything to a virtual environment and upgrade to version 10.x.

I have searched and I cannot find the answer, I see that you can do this with UCCX with HA, but I can't find anything about CUCM.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

+5 for correct answer to Jaimie. In addition you want to make sure that the OVA template used for the sub are following the same sizing that the MCS server is installed on if the Pub is going to be in the CUCM group as the Sub.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes

HTH

java

Thanks

+5 for correct answer to Jaimie. In addition you want to make sure that the OVA template used for the sub are following the same sizing that the MCS server is installed on if the Pub is going to be in the CUCM group as the Sub.

So I need to change the drive size on the VM or is there a template with a 250GB drive? The hardware is a MCS 7825I5. The only .ova templates I can find are 80GB thin provision...

I decided to just move both my publisher and subscriber off the MCS hardware and to VM's.

No, drive size is not important, only vCPU and RAM.

Last question... no special configuration needed for the VM - ex. dedicated processor etc... ?? I can't find it in the documentation anywhere.

ALL the answers to your questions regarding virtualization, are here

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_Virtualization

If you have never been to the site, I strongly suggest you spend a few hours reading there.

The answer to your particular question about resources vCPU/vRAM, is answered here

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/UC_Virtualization_Supported_Hardware

Again, if you're new to UC on UCS, and have never been to the site, you need to start reading all the information that's in there.

HTH

java

I have been to this site. Thanks for the info. I ended up moving both my publisher and subscriber to VM with no real downtime. Thanks again.

I actually had this same question a few years back and spoke with the BU about this, they have greatly enhanced the HDD usage from when we were on MCSs, and right now even if it's a smaller HDD compared to what we used on an MCS, it has the same performance, and even more, and suffices for the needs of the OVAs when running over ESXi.

HTH

java