cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Send all Voicemail to a Prompt for Possible Government Shutdown

Matthew S
Level 1
Level 1

I've been searching around to see if there was a feasible way to do this but have quite had any luck.

Basically with the possible Government shutdown coming Friday at midnight I've been asked to see if there is a way to send all calls that get sent to CUC to a prompt that plays a message "Sorry the Government is shutdown etc etc..." for just that period of time without overwriting users current mailboxes and be able to just turn off afterwards. Any clever ideas would be appreciated. 

CUC 11.5 

CUCM 11.5

Thanks

2 Replies 2

BradEast1
Level 3
Level 3

I wonder if you could create a Call Handler on Unity with your message, then create and apply a new voicemail profile to all extensions which would perform the redirect. I haven't had time to test it, and someone will probably come along with a better suggestion, but could be worth a shot.

I appreciate the thought on this and I think it could work but an additional requirement of wanting to hear their regular VM greeting after the first "Closed for Shutdown Greeting" so I found a post over here that I used using a VoiceMail Profile, CTI Route Point, and UCCX Script to play the prompt then forward to their Individual messages. Super convoluted but a quick fix for this temporary issue. 

Thanks Again

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/uccx-call-transfer-to-voicemail/m-p/1314376/highlight/true#M31702