cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Set up for Mediasense server with CUCM9 using for BIB ( Build-In Bridge Recording)

Rachel Au
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have installed and set up a mediasense server and integrated it with the CUCM 9 call manager. I am trying to test the voice and video recording function.

I have created a sip trunk on the CUCM9, the SIP Trunk is with the IP address of this mediasense server..

I created a RG, RL... and according to the manual.. I suppose to create a route pattern to point it to this SIP Trunk... however, I cant quite get it.. since the route pattern on the CUCM9 should be pointing to the Voice gateway for PSTN call.. 

According to the cisco manual, I have set up the recording profile config.. inside their, there is a recording destination address.. which according to the manual, should be the same address i set up for the route pattern...

on the phone itself, I have turned on the BIB and also on the line itself, I have enabled the " automatic call recording" and point to the recording profile...

I then make a call from this phone to my mobile, and then log on to the user for the " play and record" page, but nothing is recorded ( and i havent set up the route pattern there" ..

any idea?

thanks

Rachel

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rachel,

You will need to setup the Route pattern as per the following steps in the Mediasense Install and admin guide

Step 1   Invoke and connect to the Unified CM Administration web interface, using a valid Unified CM username and password.
Step 2   If MediaSense is a single-node cluster, skip to the next step. If MediaSense is a multiple-node cluster, select Device > Device Settings > SIP Profile in the Unified CM Administration.

Follow the procedure specified in your Unified CM Administration documentation to enable OPTIONS Ping and save this configuration.

1. Add a new SIP profile.
  2. Select the Enable OPTIONS Ping check box to monitor the destination status for SIP Trunks using the None (default) Service Type.
Step 3   Select Device > Trunk in the Unified CM Administration.

Follow the procedure specified in your Unified CM Administration documentation to add a new SIP Trunk. Configure the Device name, select the Device Pool, assign SIP information, enter the destination (in this case, Cisco MediaSense) IP address and port (5060), select the SIP trunk security profiles and SIP profile (created in Step 2) and save this configuration.

You must create one SIP trunk for each server in the Cisco MediaSense deployment.

Step 4   Add a new Route Group by selecting Call Routing > Route/Hunt > Route Group in the Unified CM Administration. Set the distribution algorithm to be circular.

Follow the procedure specified in your Unified CM Administration documentation to select the circular distribution algorithm.

Select all the Cisco MediaSense SIP trunks created in Step 3.

Step 5   Create a Route List by selecting Call Routing > Route/Hunt > Route List in the Unified CM Administration. Follow the procedure specified in your Unified CM Administration documentation to associate the Route List with the Route Group created in Step 4.
Step 6   Create a Route Pattern by selecting Call Routing > Route/Hunt > Route Pattern in the Unified CM Administration. From the Gateway/Route List drop-down list under the newly created route pattern page, select the name of the Route List configured in Step 5.
Caution    Do not include any wildcard characters when creating Route Patterns for the Recording Profile.
Step 7   Select Device > Device Settings > Recording Profile in the Unified CM Administration.

Follow the procedure specified in your Unified CM Administration documentation to add a new Recording Profile. Configure the Recording Profile name, and the Recording Destination Address (enter the Route Pattern number you configured in Step 6), and click Save.

Step 8   Select Device > Phone in the Unified CM Administration.

Follow the procedure specified in your Unified CM Administration documentation to perform the following tasks:

1. Find the audio forking phone.
  2. Find the Built In Bridge configuration for this device and change the setting to ON.
  3. Access the Directory Number Configuration page for the line to be recorded.
  4. Enable Recording by selecting Automatic Call Recording Enabled in the Recording Option drop-down list.
  5. Select the Recording Profile created earlier in this procedure.
Step 9  

To prevent Unified CM from sending Session Description Protocol (SDP) invitations, be sure to uncheck the Media Termination Point (MTP) Required field (or verify that it is already unchecked).

HTH

Manish

deepaul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rachel,

The Recording profile DN should match the route pattern, the route pattern in turn points to the SIP trunk  towards Media sense.

When the device has an active call, based on the dn's recording profile configuration,cucm will dial out to mediasense.

For an understanding of the call flow for automatic recording, please have a look at the below url.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmfeat/fsgd-851-cm/fsmr.html#wp1056794

regards,

Deepu