Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Dial extension during the Welcome Greeting in UNITY

joyston07
Level 1
Level 1

Hii..

I have installed Unity 8 and integrated with CUCM 8.5.. Confiugred Welcome Greeting throught call handler.. Problem iam facing is that the caller is not able to dial the extension of the user (non unity subscriber) during greeting.. Unity replies with the message "I did not recognize that as a valid entry"...In the caller-input i have already checked the box to Allow callers to dial an extension during  greeting.. My internal extension on CUCM are in the range 5XXX.. what call routing is required in order to dial internal extesnions from unity? Not able to figure out where could be the problem?

Apprecaite your help!!

Thank you..

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's working as designed, Unity won't recognize any DN which is not already configured on some Unity element.

If you need to reach non-unity DNs send callers to a caller system transfer.

This question has been asked plenty of times before, please search CSC for answers.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for that valuable information. I even tried sending the call to caller system transfer but i get the system message saying unable to call that number.. How does the call route from unity to CUCM if i set to caller system transfer?

Also Is there any other way to transfer the call handler to search in call manager and route the call to non-unity DN's? Is it possible with Unity?

Is this the way Unity works? Coz in Unity connection we have

Check your restriction tables to make sure you can dial, yes, that's WAD for Unity and there's no such option as in CUC.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate