cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified Messaging Service limitations with Office 365

vivian.le
Level 1
Level 1

We currently have Unity Connection 12.5 configured with Office 365 for Unified Messaging.  Back when it was version 10, we followed the Cisco guide and created multiple UM services to accommodate all of the users that needed unified messaging.

From the documentation (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/unified_messaging/guide/10xcucumgx/10xcucumg025.html#78425)

Note You can configure up to 1800 users with a single Office 365 Unified Messaging Service. For creating more than 1800 users with Office 365, you need to create more Unified Messaging services.

We are required to change the authentication type and need to know if this 1800 user per UM service is still a limitation for version 12.5 of Unity Connection.  I've been looking through the documentation but no where is this mentioned.  Can I assume this limitation doesn't exist anymore and use this opportunity to put everyone back into a single UM service?

Thanks,

Vivian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ashok_boin
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Vivian,

I don't think this limitation is applicable as there is no specific note with regards to this anywhere in UM Messaging guide for Office 365 either in 12.x or 14.x.

Unified Messaging Guide for Cisco Unity Connection Release 12.x - Configuring Unified Messaging [Cisco Unity Connection] - Cisco

With best regards...
Ashok

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

ashok_boin
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Vivian,

I don't think this limitation is applicable as there is no specific note with regards to this anywhere in UM Messaging guide for Office 365 either in 12.x or 14.x.

Unified Messaging Guide for Cisco Unity Connection Release 12.x - Configuring Unified Messaging [Cisco Unity Connection] - Cisco

With best regards...
Ashok