cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0(4) to Unity Connection 8.5 Licensing

gmgarrian
Level 4
Level 4

I've contacted TAC regarding how to do this upgrade in regards to licensing and I was told to email them the old (Unity 4.0) license MAC and the new server (Unity Connection 8.5) license MAC and they'll generate a new license for me.

How do I get the license MAC from the old Windows based 4.0 server?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi "G",

Looks like you are moving along nicely here

They are just looking for the MAC of the Unity server (current)

To Get the MAC Address of the Cisco Unity Computer

Step 1 On the computer on which Cisco Unity will be installed, do one of the following:

If the server contains a dual NIC that has been configured for fault tolerance, run the NIC-configuration utility provided by the manufacturer, and write down the MAC address (excluding hyphens) that is shared by the two NICs. Then skip the rest of this procedure.

If the server does not contain a dual NIC or if the server contains a dual NIC that is not configured for fault tolerance, on the Windows Start menu, click Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt.

Step 2 In the Command Prompt window, enter ipconfig /all, and press Enter.

Step 3 Write down the value of Physical Address, excluding the hyphens, or save it to a file that you can access during online registration. (For example, if the physical address is 00-A1-B2-C3-D4-E5, record 00A1B2C3D4E5.)

If the server contains a dual NIC, two values will appear. Write down the value for the NIC that you will use to connect the Cisco Unity server to the network.

Step 4 Close the Command Prompt window.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/white/paper/culicenses.html

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi "G",

Looks like you are moving along nicely here

They are just looking for the MAC of the Unity server (current)

To Get the MAC Address of the Cisco Unity Computer

Step 1 On the computer on which Cisco Unity will be installed, do one of the following:

If the server contains a dual NIC that has been configured for fault tolerance, run the NIC-configuration utility provided by the manufacturer, and write down the MAC address (excluding hyphens) that is shared by the two NICs. Then skip the rest of this procedure.

If the server does not contain a dual NIC or if the server contains a dual NIC that is not configured for fault tolerance, on the Windows Start menu, click Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt.

Step 2 In the Command Prompt window, enter ipconfig /all, and press Enter.

Step 3 Write down the value of Physical Address, excluding the hyphens, or save it to a file that you can access during online registration. (For example, if the physical address is 00-A1-B2-C3-D4-E5, record 00A1B2C3D4E5.)

If the server contains a dual NIC, two values will appear. Write down the value for the NIC that you will use to connect the Cisco Unity server to the network.

Step 4 Close the Command Prompt window.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/white/paper/culicenses.html

Cheers!

Rob

So back in the day it was an actual mac address!

Nice!

Thanks!

So, Rob...how many beers do I owe you now?

+5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey "G",

You are always welcome

The nice thing about CSC is that we all try to help each other in a sort of

"pay it forward" type of way. I have had many people help me here and continue to

on a daily basis. So if I can help in some small way, and you can help in some small way

and so on and so on......we all win! Just like you are helping Vikrant in another thread here +5

Cheers!

Rob

PS: maybe we'll have a virtual beer together on the weekend