Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.5 Single Inbox Maximum File Size

rchaseling
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have a customer who is using Live Record with Single Inbox & quite commonly the calls they are recording are going for upto an hour. This is obviously resulting in large voicemail sizes.

They are finding that long recordings (ie 20 minutes) are not being sent to their Outlook account. Is this limited in the settings somewhere or is there a maximum that anyone knows of? The Exchange Admin assures me that they should be able to receive upto 50MB emails which is more than enough.

Cheers

Russell

7 Replies 7

safety2008
Level 4
Level 4

Russell,

Did you ever get a resoulution to this?? We cutover Monday to Unity Connection and are having this issue and we did not with unity.

if you can let me know..Thank you

Stanley

The thing to keep in mind here is that messages are being synced via Exchange Web Services.  If I were you, I'd put some focus there to see if you can get a better lead on what the issue may be.  A quick google search for "max message size for EWS" may help to get started.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

David,

Thanks as always for the advice. I will check it out. just re-created the issue with tac, as its not consistent, so hopefully we can find something..but I do appreciate the help!!

Stanley,

Exchange was the issue. Fix was found by Seppe in TAC - worked with him on a couple of occasions and he is one of the best. His email is below:

Changed the following settings in exchange server to receive 50 MB attachment:

1.        Edit

C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\ClientAccess\Owa\web.config and update the maxRequestLength value to 51200

2.        Open a command prompt and execute the following commands:

cd %windir%\system32\inetsrv
appcmd set config "Default Web Site/ews" -section:requestFiltering -requestLimits.maxAllowedContentLength:51200000
appcmd set config "Default Web Site/owa" -section:requestFiltering -requestLimits.maxAllowedContentLength:51200000

3.        Edit

C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\ClientAccess\exchweb\ews\web.config and  change the  maxReceivedMessageSize value to 51200000 underneath the

4.        Restart IIS service to apply the change

Recommending to do this off-hours and take a backup of configuration files before doing any change.

Good morning,

Thank you so much. Tac got back to me last night.....and they must have found your case because he gave me the info you provided.I will discuss with our exchange admin and hopefully get this resolved. I really appreciate your help.

Enjoy the w/e

Stanley

russell,

if you know, and I do not. my exchange administrator cannot find this string/value of step number 3 above re: the maxrecievedmessagesize.

Did you add a key to create or should this just "be there" we our a 2007 exchange box..but he states its no where to be found, we made the first 2 step changes but issue is still there.

If you know. i thank you again!

dbhardwa
Level 1
Level 1

To fix the problem all we need to do is the following:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\ClientAccess\EWS\web.config
and update the maxRequestLength value to 51200

And the Restart IIS.

We need to change the EWS config not the OWA.

This solved my problem.

WE DON'T NEED TO CHANGE THE:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\ClientAccess\exchweb\ews\web.config and  change the 

maxReceivedMessageSize

value to

underneath the

OR

cd %windir%\system32\inetsrv

appcmd set config "Default Web Site/ews" -section:requestFiltering -requestLimits.maxAllowedContentLength:

appcmd set config "Default Web Site/owa" -section:requestFiltering -requestLimits.maxAllowedContentLength: