Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.x Call Handler Tranfer

bking1982
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having a problem configuring a call handler for AA in Unity Connection. In the "Caller Input" tab, I want when users hit "3" to go to a specific number. Unity keeps telling me the phone number is busy and cannot complete the transfer. I know the number is not busy, it is an 1800 number to an external site. I have also tried a phone number that is local to CUCM, but still recieve the same error from Unity. Thanks.

6 Replies 6

Lin Zhu
Level 1
Level 1

hi, you need to check partition or CSS of voicemail port, maybe they can not reach that transfer number.

It is a SIP integration between Unity Connection and CUCM. The CSS of the SIP trunk can see all phone-pt and all PSTN-PT. I know that Unity Connection can call outside lines, I have tested the alternate device notification with my cell phone and it works fine.

I have the Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers checkbox checked and have made changes to the restrition tables with no luck.

hi, in call handler main manue, dont input extention, should go edit->transfer rule-standard-input the extention, maybe you need add 9 before it;

HI, thanks for the response. Let me explain better what I am tring to accomplish.

So I have a CTI Route Point in CUCM, I have to have the same extension in the Call Handler. When I go to caller input -> 3 , I select Call Action to Transfer to an Alternate Contact Number, then include the 91800 number.

Hi,

You'll want to set the Call Flow, Call Control, Conversation macro traces in UC.  Then reproduce the call behavior and pull Conversation Manager and look at the SIP traffic to see if you're actually receiving a busy from CUCM, otherwise open a TAC case and it can be investigated further.

Hope that helps,

Brad