cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Default Pin for new users

lleweyiss
Level 4
Level 4

Upgraded Unity Connection from version 7 to version 10.  Version 7 was initially configured by Cisco Partner.  On version 7 when I added a new user I never had to set the initial PIN for the user to access thier mailbox for the first time.  Where do I set that in Version 10.

Sounds like something basic but I cant seem to find it,  it was not listed in the Authentication Rule , does look if I add one that there is a field for that.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It should not go blank. If you are doing it for a particular user then I hope you are doing it like below:

User >> Edit >> Change Password >> Choose Pin for Voicemail

If you are doing it at the User Template level, then it should be the same for any new users that you will import to the CUC afterwards this change. Even if it is going blank, can you test if the user is able to access the VM using the pin that you set or not

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Under user template -> Edit you'll see the passwords

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,  I looked there previously and just now .. When I look at the pull down menu for Edit , I looked under User Template basics and also under Passwords  and dont see a field for it .  Dont see under my version 7 or new version 10  ....

actually under User Template --> Edit --> Change Passwords  the fields for the password are blank .... is this where I add it . and will  is show later if I return to that page or does it go back to Blank field like  what I see if  I am changing the password for a regular user who has forgotten their password ( it go blank after change it for the user) ....

It should not go blank. If you are doing it for a particular user then I hope you are doing it like below:

User >> Edit >> Change Password >> Choose Pin for Voicemail

If you are doing it at the User Template level, then it should be the same for any new users that you will import to the CUC afterwards this change. Even if it is going blank, can you test if the user is able to access the VM using the pin that you set or not

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

So  for a user , to change the password (they forgot it)  I go :User >> Edit >> Change Password >> Choose Pin for Voicemail  - the field is blank,, I just type in their new PIN a and hit save and it goes blank again.  

For the User Template --> Edit --> Change Passwords  the fields are blank.

I have been testing with mine,  so I decided to create a new  on the new system and logged in and found it is expecting the default PIN   (the same as on the version 7, we used that tool PCD I think is the name to migrate ).

I guess I thought it had not been set since I could not find where it showed that  anywhere .. and the User Template show nothing in the PIN field .... it would be nice if they showed that

and one last note, the Administrator Template , which is where my mailbox was built  did not have any PIN I have to assume since I was able to just use # to get inot it .

SO it appears all users set up under the User Template will have to use the default 6 digit PIN,  and only me set up under as Administrator  Template got just the # key.

appreciate  you guys at confirming where it is programmed even if it's blank once it is set ...

It's expected for it to be blank under the templates, it's the same for CUCM, it would be a huge security risk to show that info if someone got into your server.

Same for the user, even if it was not blank, it would be hidden.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Glad that it is working now for you and thanks for updating the forum with Correct Answer. Yeah it looks like that even though the entry is going blank system does take that in account and allow the users to login once they enter correct Pin.

Regards

Deepak

Jaime thank you for the succinct answer.

lleweyiss
Level 4
Level 4

The default was a specific 6 digit number.  Version 10 is is a the # key.  I want to set a default PIN for all new mailboxes added . 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: