Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity connection dial by extension in auto attendant

Nkechi Latunji
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have used + E.164 numbers (+1416XXXX2XX) as my extensions in unity connection, I would like for callers to only dial 2xx when inside a greeting to be transferred to an extension. I can configure 2XX as alternate extension for all users to achieve this. Is there a better way? I tried messing around with call forwarding rules, but that did not work.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Alternate extension would work. You could also configure the call handler to prepend digits for dialed extensions (Call handler > Caller input > Check the box to enable Prepend Digits to Dialed Extension > enter the digits to prepend).

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/administration/guide/7xcucsagx/7xcucsag060.html#66073

Brandon

Thanks Brandon. The number is for individual mail boxes and not call handlers.

OK. I assumed the greeting you were referring to was a call handler greeting. The same setting applies to users. You can prepend digits to dialed extensions. Users > Edit > Caller Input > Prepend Digits to Dialed Extensions. You could use bulk administration to update all users with this setting.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: