cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Error " A User with the specified extension already exists in the Partition"

Alok Jaiswal
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Folks,

I need some help to troubleshoot the error message below in unity connection.

"  A User with the specified extension already exists in the Partition."

I need to assign extension 8200 to the call handler i created.The problem is 8200 was referenced in past by another call handler for some other site which is not there any more.

There was a forward routing rule for the old site call handler with reference to 8200. Hence i deleted the old call handler and the routing rule. however still it doesn't allows me to assign the 8200 extension to my new call handler.

I checked the system and can't find 8200 specifically anywhere. Is there any commands to run via root to find reference in unity. Or is there a way i can find dependency records for the number in the unity connection ??

I am running 11.5 version.

Regards,

Alok

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's possible it's assigned to another user, one way to check is use "user data dump" tool from following link and search for the extension across the file.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/UserDataDump/UserDataDump.html

When you add an alternate extension to a user ID and get the message  

“A User with the specified extension already exists in the Partition.”

How do you determine where the extension is?

-- Search user

-- change  the “Limit search to” box to “partition”

-- Change the radio button to “Display Primary and Alternate Extensions in Selected Partition”

-- Change search criteria to “Find users where Extension contains <the alternate extension you’re looking for>”

-- Click “Find”

The result is the user id where your alternate extension is presently (mis)configured.

Thanks donaldb-utcourts !!! You mentioned the right steps to solve the problem.