cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection - Forward a voicemail message to extension, not name

Joseph Spagnoli
Level 1
Level 1

When our users attempt to forward a voicemail message to another user via Unity Connection, if they follow the prompts, it prompts them to type in the last name of the person they want to send it to.  Is this the default and is there any way we can switch it to prompt for the extension rather than the last name?  Or either or would work as well.  We have several users with 2 or more offices and 2 or more mailboxes, so if you type their last name, it goes to the first mailbox no matter what.  We would prefer to forward voicemail messages by extension.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.             

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Joseph,

One place that this can be set is here via

User> Edit> send message settings;

Message Addressing and Sending
  Send  Message
  Discard Message

This can be set at the user or user template level

Cheers!

Rob

"go easy...step lightly...stay free " 

- The Clash

View solution in original post

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

sure.  You can both change it on the fly over the phone and change the default for users (all of them or just some of them).

On the phone in a message addressing state (forwarding or making a new messae) you can press "##" to switch between spelling and extension entry or back (it toggles).

To change the default go to the "Send Message Setting" page for that user and in the "Message Addressing and Sending" section choose "Entering the extension" instead of the default "Spelling the last name then first name" option.

You can apply this to many users (or all of them) using Bulk Edit.  You can change the user template(s) on the system so all new users created will get this option as well.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Joseph,

One place that this can be set is here via

User> Edit> send message settings;

Message Addressing and Sending
  Send  Message
  Discard Message

This can be set at the user or user template level

Cheers!

Rob

- The Clash

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

sure.  You can both change it on the fly over the phone and change the default for users (all of them or just some of them).

On the phone in a message addressing state (forwarding or making a new messae) you can press "##" to switch between spelling and extension entry or back (it toggles).

To change the default go to the "Send Message Setting" page for that user and in the "Message Addressing and Sending" section choose "Entering the extension" instead of the default "Spelling the last name then first name" option.

You can apply this to many users (or all of them) using Bulk Edit.  You can change the user template(s) on the system so all new users created will get this option as well.

dang... beat me to it AND had a screen shot... clearly need more coffee...

Hey Jeff,

Just had a large Americano with extra shot

Cheers!

Rob

- The Clash

Thanks to both of you - for lack of sounding ignorant, I see exactly where I change it per individual user, with your assistance, however, how would I do a Bulk Edit.  I am a little leary of making mass changes,  I did update the user template for future users, but if I could apply the updated template to all exisiting usersm that would be great, as we have about 400 mailboxes.  Thanks SO SO much again, and apologize as I am learning on the fly.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Joseph,

No worries my friend

In Unity Connection (and Unity) changes made at the Template level

are not retroactive and will only be applied to users that are created

after the Template change so that won't work here

Bulk Edit will be your good friend here.

Bulk Edit changed in 8.x from where it was accessed in 7.x.

Here's a clip that speaks to how this is run now. You first search and select all

the users you want to change and then choose Bulk Edit;

To Edit User Account Information in Bulk Edit Mode (some editing from original)

****This would be for changing the Caller Input but you will see the Message Send option in Bulk edit as well****

#

Step 1 In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, on the Search Users page, check the applicable user check boxes, and select Bulk Edit.

#

If the user accounts that you want to edit in bulk do not all appear on  one Search page, check all applicable check boxes on the first page,  then go to the next page and check all applicable check boxes, and so  on, until you have selected all applicable users. Then select Bulk Edit.

#

Step 2 On the Edit Caller Input page, change settings as applicable.

#

Note The  Status message at the top of the Edit Caller Input page tells you how  many user accounts are being edited. Also note that the page is  populated only with the fields that you are allowed to edit in bulk  mode, and that the fields available for edit also depend on whether all  of the user accounts reside on the local server.

#

Step 3 If applicable, set the Bulk Edit Task Scheduling Fields to schedule the Bulk Edit operation for a later date and/or time.

#

Step 4 Select Submit.

#

Step 5 If  applicable, continue to change settings for these user accounts on the  related pages available from the Edit menu. As you make changes on each  page, select Submit before going on to the next page to make additional changes.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/user_mac/guide/8xcucmac090.html#wp1049545

Try a couple of test users first to come up with the exact plan.

Cheers!

Rob

- The Clash

THANK YOU!  It worked like a charm.  Us hockey nuts need to stick together and besides that you are a Clash fan as well!!!  "now I got a job...but it don't pay"    Appreciate the help from both of you.

Hi Joseph,

You are most welcome my friend!

No Stanley Cup for us this year...(probably many years for

my beloved Lames) not so long for your Flyers I'm sure.

Who are you cheering for? I'm hoping for a Boston-Chicago

original 6 final

"Train in Vain" - good stuff!! Check out;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strummerville

Cheers!

Rob

- The Clash

Believe it or not, I am a big Canada team fan, so I am hoping for Ottawa, even though it looks bad.  Other than that, I would like an orginal six final as well.  I don't want Pittsburgh or either of the California teams in there.  I am a hockey purist and the cup belongs in Canada or above the US Mason Dixon line and not in California or Arizona lol.

As for Flyers, well, they need to amnesty Bryzgalov and Briere this year, then maybe they have a shot.  Were you sad to see Iginla go or was it bittersweet being he is getting up there in years?

*peeks out* Let's go NYR

Hey "B" - Man!

Long time buddy Are you working on some Top secret

projects over there??

In our playoff  bottle pool I have the R - angers but I'm

a tad worried. They could go with my original 6

wish as well, if Richards would pull up his big boy pants

and start playing.

Go Broadway Blueshirts!!

Cheers!

Rob