cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Locale Installer for 8.6

Rune Heggelund
Level 5
Level 5

Need Cisco Unity Connection Locale Installer for Norwegian on Cisco Unity Connection Releases 8.6

The Locale Installer is not yet published for this version.

From the Release Notes for Cisco Unity Connection Releases 8.6(1) and 8.6(1a)

Installing Additional Cisco Unity Connection Languages

- Note Connection 8.6 versions of languages other than ENU will be released in July/August 2011.

Does anyone know when locales will be available?

12 Replies 12

dannymget
Level 1
Level 1

Wondering myself where those loc files are. Now its end of August and still nothing.

8.6 locales should be released by EOB tomorrow 8/31 according to the product team.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Great news and info. Thanks. Looking forward to.

Danny

There is still no sign of the UCx locale files for 8.6.1. What is the ETA now?

Unity Connection 8.6 locales are available for download now.

BTW uc-locale-en_AU-8.6.1.1-2.cop.sgn is definitely Australia and not Austria as it says at the moment :-)

Hi,

I've just installed Italian locale version uc-locale-it_IT-8.6.1.1-2.cop.sgn but is not running. I've only the English option.

Marco

Hi Marco,

Did you follow the steps as listed below?

Installing Connection 8.x Language Files from a Disc

Revised July 28, 2011

To Install Connection 8.x Language Files from a Disc

Step 1 Stop the Connection Conversation Manager and Connection Mixer services:

a. Start Cisco Unity Connection Serviceability.

b. From the Tools menu, select Service Management.

c. Under Critical Services, in the Connection Conversation Manager row, select Stop.

d. Wait for the service to stop.

e. Also under Critical Services, in the Connection Mixer row, select Stop.

f. Wait for the service to stop.

Step 2 Insert the Languages disc in the disc drive.

Step 3 Sign in to Cisco Unified Operating System Administration.

Step 4 From the Software Upgrades menu, select Install/Upgrade. The Software Installation/Upgrade window appears.

Step 5 In the Source list, select DVD/CD.

Step 6 In the Directory field, enter the path to the folder that contains the language file on the CD or DVD.

If the language file is in the root folder or if you created an ISO image DVD, enter a slash (/) in the Directory field.

Step 7 To continue the language installation process, select Next.

Step 8 Select the language that you want to install, and select Next.

Step 9 Monitor the progress of the download.

Step 10 If you want to install another language: Select Install Another, and repeat Step 4 through Step 9.

If you are finished installing languages: Restart services:

a. Start Cisco Unity Connection Serviceability.

b. From the Tools menu, select Service Management.

c. Under Critical Services, in the Connection Conversation Manager row, select Start.

d. Wait for the service to start.

e. Also under Critical Services, in the Connection Mixer row, select Start.

f. Wait for the service to start.

g. If you installed Japanese: Run the CLI command utils service restart Cisco Tomcat to restart the Tomcat service.

Note Make sure that the multilingual .cop files are installed on the exact specific CUC build that they were created for. Applying incorrect .cop files for your specific version results in an unexpected behavior of the user conversations. 

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/upgrade/guide/8xcucrug027.html

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

all was done in this mode. This is the output of the command on my CUC :

admin:show version active
Active Master Version: 8.6.1.20000-1
Active Version Installed Software Options:
uc-locale-it_IT-8.6.1.1-2.cop
ciscocm.refresh_upgrade_v1.0.cop
admin:show cuc locales

Installed Locale Package   Locale
-------------------------  ------
uc-locale-it_IT-8.6.1.1-2  it-IT

admin:

but when I try to change the locale in System settings --> General Configuration I don't have italian option

Thanks

Marco

I am facing the same issue on the Norwegian Locale.

Problem Details: The uc-locale-nb_NO-8.6.1.1-2.cop is successfully installed on both Unity
Connection servers in the cluster running Version 8.6.1.20000-109. Both servers has been
restarted.

The “show version active” displays the installed language in the active partition.

Under System Settings -> General Configuration No other language than English (United
States)  are available.

The install logs shows that locales have been installed successfully without fail.

I have created a TAC case for this issue.

------- Publisher -------
uc-locale-nb_NO-8.6.1.1-2.cop

------- Subscriber -------
uc-locale-nb_NO-8.6.1.1-2.cop

I have the Australian locale working on a lab VM (single machine built from a 8.6(1a) modified to make it bootable) and it works. 

I installed the Australian locale on a new 8.6(1a) cluster we're deploying soon and I get the same issue, install sucessful but I can't select anything other than US English.

I have a TAC case open, they say that the minimum version of Unity Connection is ES2, you can ask TAC to publish 8.6.1.21005-2, which contains Unity Connection 8.6(1)ES4, not available from the normal download site but TAC will publish it for you.

Strange that they'd release these long awaited locales only for them not to work with the current version of 8.6(1a) available for download.

Anyway i'm installing ES4, will let you know if it lets me change locales.

Hi All,

Just to follow up - after installing Unity Connection ES4 on the cluster i'm building i'm able to use the Australian locale I've installed. 

I had to remove the locale before upgrading 8.6(1a) to ES4 or the upgrade would hang half way through.  Once I'd removed the locale with 'delete cuc locale en-AU' I was able to do the upgrade the install the locale again.  It now shows up correctly in the Connection Administration pages.

I tried to upgrade my lab 8.6(1a) VM (single machine - not a cluster) where the AU locale was working to ES4 but it also failed to upgrade until I removed the en-AU locale.  So to those who have their locales working on single machines as my lab one was, you may have to remove it anyway before you next upgrade.

Cheers,

Jonathan

I installed the uk/gb locale. At first it uploaded without following Rob's steps and it didn't even show me the logs files that it normally does after the files have been uploaded.

I followed the steps and uploaded the locale again. This time I had a message saying install success. I restared the services and I can now chose the new locale.

Thanks All, specially Rob

Feisal