cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection MailBox Size

Marco Villani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys, is there a way to increase the size of Mailbox's in Uniy Connection 8.6 running on a UCS? can this done per users?

Thanks. in advance.

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Marco,

This can be set on a user by user basis

Mailbox-Size Quotas in Cisco Unity Connection 8.x

Cisco Unity Connection lets you specify the maximum size, or quota, for  every mailbox in a Connection system. You can configure quotas so that  Connection:

Issues a warning when a mailbox reaches a specified size.

Prevents a user from sending messages when the mailbox reaches a larger size.

Prevents a user from sending or receiving messages when the mailbox reaches the largest size that you want to allow.

To handle the varying needs of users in your organization, you can  override the systemwide quotas for individual mailboxes and for user  templates. For example, you may want to allow employees in the sales  department to have larger mailboxes than other employees. If you create  user accounts for all sales employees by using the same template, you  can specify higher quotas for the template. Or you can specify higher  quotas for individual user accounts.

Caution Quotas  are not enforced for messages left by outside callers if the "Full  Mailbox Check for Outside Caller Messages" check box is not checked.  This check box appears on the System Settings > Advanced >  Conversations page. For more information, see the Help for that page. 

Do the applicable procedure:

To Specify Custom Mailbox Size Quotas for an Individual User or Template

To Specify Custom Mailbox Size Quotas for Multiple User Accounts in Bulk Edit Mode

For details on how each quota works, and on how to change quotas for the entire system, see the "Specifying Mailbox Size Quotas in Cisco Unity Connection 8.x" section.

To Specify Custom Mailbox Size Quotas for an Individual User or Template

Step 1 In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, find the user account or template that you want to edit.

Step 2 On the Edit menu, select Mailbox.

Step 3 On the Edit Mailbox page, set values for the applicable settings by selecting Custom and then entering a value (in megabytes) in the adjacent field:

Warning Quota

Send Quota

Send/Receive Quota

Note that the value for Warning Quota must be smaller than or equal to  the value for Send Quota, and the value for Send Quota must be smaller  than or equal to the value for Send/Receive Quota.

Step 4 Select Save.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/user_mac/guide/8xcucmac040.html#wp1276635

Cheers!

Rob

"And if I should fall behind
Wait for me" - Springsteen

Hi Rob,

I thought quotas were used to setup alarms on the default mailbox size and not increase the capacity . can you please confirm? I need to provide the right answer to the customer and i don't have a lab handy at the moment.

Thanks.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Marco,

You can increase both, the "quota warning" which is where the

"your mailbox is almost full message" is triggered and the "send/receive"

quota which is the actual mailbox size.

We've always left these as default for our users, but I just tested this

out in the lab and it works as described

Cheers!

Rob