cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection overlapping Primary Extenstions (10.x)

Jeffrey Read
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I have CUC 10.0.1 and CUCM 10.0.1.  Within CUCM we have a 4 digit dial plan with overlapping extensions between sites.  I am utilizing translation patterns with a 2 digit site code to pass calls between sites separated with PAR and CSS.  Works great on CM.

On Unity Connection I had the primary extension for example, set to 4444, and the alternate extension set to include the site code (894444).  This worked fine until I actually had a number overlap in Unity Connection.  Users cannot have the same primary extension. 

Does anyone have any experience with overlapping extensions in Unity?  Any ideas on the best way to move forward?

Thanks!

J

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anirudh Mavilakandy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The easiest way is to create the users on Unity with 6 digit extensions and make use of the 'Multiple Tenant MWI Modes' Service Parameter on CUCM.

Set this Parameter to True.

You'll have to send the full 6 digit extension to Unity Connection for mailbox identification.

For MWI,

CSS of Ports should have access to MWI DNs > MWI CSS should have access to a Translation Pattern that converts the 6 digits to 4 digits (You'll need two Translation Patterns) > CSS of Translation Pattern should have access to your extensions

For Call Transfers from Unity,

CSS of ports should have access to Translation Pattern that converts 6 digits to 4 digits (You'll need two Translation Patterns) > CSS of Translation Pattern should have access to your extensions

The alternate way is to make use of CSS and Partitions on Unity Connection,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/design/guide/10xcucdg010.html#wp1070216

You'll have to create routing rules (to match calling/redirecting number) to set the correct CSS. Its easier to deal with the first method.

HTH

Anirudh

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Anirudh Mavilakandy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The easiest way is to create the users on Unity with 6 digit extensions and make use of the 'Multiple Tenant MWI Modes' Service Parameter on CUCM.

Set this Parameter to True.

You'll have to send the full 6 digit extension to Unity Connection for mailbox identification.

For MWI,

CSS of Ports should have access to MWI DNs > MWI CSS should have access to a Translation Pattern that converts the 6 digits to 4 digits (You'll need two Translation Patterns) > CSS of Translation Pattern should have access to your extensions

For Call Transfers from Unity,

CSS of ports should have access to Translation Pattern that converts 6 digits to 4 digits (You'll need two Translation Patterns) > CSS of Translation Pattern should have access to your extensions

The alternate way is to make use of CSS and Partitions on Unity Connection,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/design/guide/10xcucdg010.html#wp1070216

You'll have to create routing rules (to match calling/redirecting number) to set the correct CSS. Its easier to deal with the first method.

HTH

Anirudh

Anirudh,

Thanks for the reply.

I have considered your first option.  The problem is that the client has imported users from CUCM.  This is obviously the easiest way to administer cuc and cucm, but won't be possible as far as I can tell if they use the full 6 digit extension.  Also, I won't be able to make the changes to the existing mailboxes (maybe around 300 boxes) because they were imported. 

I would like to take a look at the second option, I've struggled to find a good example of it to look at.

Thanks for your help!

J

I missed your response.

There aren't any good configuration examples. I'll put in a request to the team here. This may take time.

Anirudh