Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Voice Mailbox for External Phones

mlong0000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to get something working regarding unity connection and mobile phones.

CUCM 10.5

Unity Connection 10.5

All the usual functionality works ok including accessing voicemail from external sources. Users have  Cisco phone with a unity mailbox. That's fine. What I want to setup is to have their mobile phones to use Unity Connection for their voicemails rather than the carriers voicemail. 

So the call flow would go like 

Any phone rings user A's mobile phone -> no answer -> mobile phone voice mailbox is set to the external DDI for unity connection voicemail.

I've tried using forwarding rules on unity connection which I did get working. Problem is that there are nearly 200 company mobile phones. I've also tried setting up voicemail profiles for users but the problem is that calls don't really use CUCM.

I'm wondering has anyone tried this type of setup before?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Simmons
Level 3
Level 3

Have you tried adding the mobile number as an alternative extension? it will need to be the full CLI that is presented to CUCM/CUC i.e 9079.... etc...

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Richard Simmons
Level 3
Level 3

Have you tried adding the mobile number as an alternative extension? it will need to be the full CLI that is presented to CUCM/CUC i.e 9079.... etc...

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, mobile number is correct under Alternate extension. That's why Unity prompts me for PIN when I call in from my cell.

I think my RDNIS is not getting sent out correctly. It could be something on my SIP trunk.

Good to know that it worked for you.

thanks

Kapil

kapil.atrish
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Did you get it working?

I have configured my Cell phone as alternate extension and Unity connection prompts me for PIN when I dial in from my cell phone.

I did a call forward all to Unity connection on my cell phone . When I test calling my cell phone, Unity connection doesn't see Forwarding station as my Cell phone and doesn't route the call to my voice-mail box. Unity connection only sees original calling number and the call goes to Opening greeting instead.

I may have to stick with Single Number Reach if there is no way at this point.

thanks,

Kapil

Yeah I got it working. You sure the cell number that's been put in as an alternate number is correct? Maybe have a look on RTMT for the port monitoring to make sure it's correct.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: