Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Licesnse

sullyjman12
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon,

I am running Cisco Unity server 5.0(1) and have 112 licenses.  I have used 95 which leaves me 17, we are adding about 25 phones and I need to get about 10 license (or whatever bulk amount Cisco sells off)

I was given a product number for SCUE-LIC-12CME=  which I looked up and is used for Cisco Unity Express.  Its my understanding the Unity Express and Unity are two different products.  So will the licensed I listed work for my Cisco Unity server?  Thank you for your help!

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

You are most correct, that License will not work with Unity. You would need one like this;

L-UNITY5-USR-ADDON

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

Then the person you are talking to has wrong and too proud to admit it apparently. Rob is correct here (as usual), that is the license for a different product.

I would point you to the ordering guide except it's not even posted for Unity 5 anymore. Lucky for us the Unity 7 and 8 version is close enough to prove they're wrong. It covers Unity 8 Add-ons starting on page 19. While the actual document is partners-only, I will cherry-pick the part numbers to get the point across:

Quantity 1: UNITY7-LIC-UP (Unity, SW Feature License Upgrade) - This is the top-level part number that groups the next two lines into one license file.

Quantity X: UNITY7-USR-E (One Unity for Exchange Use) - This is the quantity of users you want to add.

Quantity X: Presumably some ESW/UCSS but I'm too lazy to find these part numbers.

What's noteworthy is it all starts with UNITY in the part number, not SCUE. Duh.

Hi

At version 6, you need to work out how many device licenses you require to support your new handsets.

7942s consume 4 DLUs each - therefore to support 25 new handsets, you would need 100 DLUs.

You may have spare DLUs available on your CCM. Go to System -> Licensing -> License Unit Report to see how many DLUs you have spare (if any).

Once you know this, work out how many you need and order based on the following part codes to give you the correct number of DLUs.

L-CM-DL-10=      10 DLUs

L-CM-DL-100=     100 DLUs

For the handset, simply order as many CP-7942G= as you need.

HTH. Barry

Hi

Correct - you have 26 DLUs left

7937s take 3 DLUs each. If you navigate to system -> licensing -> license calculator you can see how many DLUs each different type of phone requires.

HTH. Barry

10 Replies 10

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

You are most correct, that License will not work with Unity. You would need one like this;

L-UNITY5-USR-ADDON

Cheers!

Rob

Thank you for the reply, I tried to explain that to several Cisco pre sales engineers and they all told me it would work fine. 

Then the person you are talking to has wrong and too proud to admit it apparently. Rob is correct here (as usual), that is the license for a different product.

I would point you to the ordering guide except it's not even posted for Unity 5 anymore. Lucky for us the Unity 7 and 8 version is close enough to prove they're wrong. It covers Unity 8 Add-ons starting on page 19. While the actual document is partners-only, I will cherry-pick the part numbers to get the point across:

Quantity 1: UNITY7-LIC-UP (Unity, SW Feature License Upgrade) - This is the top-level part number that groups the next two lines into one license file.

Quantity X: UNITY7-USR-E (One Unity for Exchange Use) - This is the quantity of users you want to add.

Quantity X: Presumably some ESW/UCSS but I'm too lazy to find these part numbers.

What's noteworthy is it all starts with UNITY in the part number, not SCUE. Duh.

Thanks Jonathan for the clarification!!!  Quick question I am assuming thats the same for the Cisco Callmanager?  We were given a product number for SW-CCME-UL-7942.  I assume this lisence will not work on the full Cisco call manager server, do you have a product number for a since lisence for one phone?

Thanks!!

Hi

Yes, you are correct, SW-CCME-UK-7942 includes the license for CCM Express, not Comms (Call) Manager.

The answer to your question depends on which version of Comms Manager you are running; could you confirm it?

Barry

Barry I am running the Cisco Call Manager 6.1.4.xxxxxx

Hi

At version 6, you need to work out how many device licenses you require to support your new handsets.

7942s consume 4 DLUs each - therefore to support 25 new handsets, you would need 100 DLUs.

You may have spare DLUs available on your CCM. Go to System -> Licensing -> License Unit Report to see how many DLUs you have spare (if any).

Once you know this, work out how many you need and order based on the following part codes to give you the correct number of DLUs.

L-CM-DL-10=      10 DLUs

L-CM-DL-100=     100 DLUs

For the handset, simply order as many CP-7942G= as you need.

HTH. Barry

Hey Barry here is what my CCM reports:

License ServerUnits AuthorizedUnits UsedUnits RemainingUnits PendingStatus
x.x.x.x672646260Uploaded
Total Units for Feature672646260

So I assume I have 26 DLUS left correct?  So ill probably just want to purchase a L-CM-DL-100= lisence.  We are also looking at purchasing two 7937.  How many DLUS do those take?

Thank you so much Barry, im glad I asked this before our vendor went off and purchase express lisences.  I would have been totally screwed!

Hi

Correct - you have 26 DLUs left

7937s take 3 DLUs each. If you navigate to system -> licensing -> license calculator you can see how many DLUs each different type of phone requires.

HTH. Barry

Thank you so much Barry, you really have helped me a lot.