cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade CUCM Cluster from v12.5 (SU3) to v12.5 (SU4)

The best method to upgrade the cluster of one pub, two subs, two IMPs.

1-Install SU4 in the pub first then in all sub and imp one by one.

2-Switch version in the pub first then in all sub and imp one by one.

3-Install Cop file which fixes bug "CSCvx83448 " in the pub and then restart.

4-then install it in the last two subs one by one following by restart.

Any other recommendation will be appreciated, also do i need to restart after installing the cop file that fixes the bug?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Instead of  upgrading each node, using Cluster option you can upgrade the entire cluster from pub. 

Its explained in the read me guide.

This COP file should only be installed via the CLI, installing via the GUI will result in the fix not being correctly applied until the server is rebooted. It should be installed on all nodes in the cluster, starting with the Publisher.
A reboot is not required as part of the COP file install (unless the COP file is installed via the GUI as noted above).

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

You can try Software Installation/Upgrade Cluster option. instead of upgrading one by one.  Switch version to 

12.5 (SU4) and install the COP file( you can  use the cluster option to install COP).  Because  asper the read me guide

COP file, ciscocm.V12-5-1SU4_CSCvx83448_secure-ldap-fix_C0112.cop.sgn is only designed for and has only been tested with the CUCM 12.5(1)SU4 release:
        CUCM – 12.5.1.14900-63

IM&P – 12.5.1.14900-4 CUC – 12.5.1.14900-45

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

Thanks for your response.

If I use the Cluster option on CUCM-Pub  > it will be updated in all Subs? and will it require a restart or not.

also why here cisco said, it must run via CLI ?

cop.PNG

Instead of  upgrading each node, using Cluster option you can upgrade the entire cluster from pub. 

Its explained in the read me guide.

This COP file should only be installed via the CLI, installing via the GUI will result in the fix not being correctly applied until the server is rebooted. It should be installed on all nodes in the cluster, starting with the Publisher.
A reboot is not required as part of the COP file install (unless the COP file is installed via the GUI as noted above).

Response Signature

Thanks, Nithin for your helpful information.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: