cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade fail 6.1.5 - 9.1.2 fsck.ext3: filesystem has unsupported feature(s) get a newer version of e2fsck!

Hello Community, Upgrade from 6.1.2 - 6.1.5 runs smooth w/o any problems. Move to Vmware ESXi 5.0 and during Upgrade 6.1.5 to 9.1.2 stops w/ an error during a reboot initiate by upgrade process.

At VMWare console you see:

fsck.ext3: filesystem has unsupported feature(s)

e2fsck: get a newer version of e2fsck!

Please see the attachment.

upgrade_fail1.jpg

upgrade_fail2.jpg

Any help are appreciate.

Best Regards Armin

HTH, please rate all useful posts and right answers.
15 Replies 15

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What are the specs for the OVA?? OS??

Did you install the RU cop file 1.2??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Hello, I have use the OVA Version 8, provided by Cisco Software Download,

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284510097&flowid=37562&softwareid=283088407&release=9.1%281%29&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

OS is ESXi 5.0.

Yes, I have Install the Refresh COP 1.2 and start the upgrade.

Thanks Armin

I meant the OS in the VM while on 6.X

HTH

java

HTH

java

The latest 6.1.5.13900-4 and choose, as describe in drive to nine, Linux 3 32bit in Vmware Settings.

OK, so you installed 6.1(5) directly on UCS, then tried to upgrade to 9.1(2)??

Or on UCS you installed 6.1(2), upgraded to 6.1(5) and then tried to upgrade to 9.1(2)??

I did the procedure in my lab using ESXi 4.0 and it worked just fine

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi, you had use OVA Version 7, right?

Create VMWare w/ OVA Version 8 for ESXi 5.0. I install 6.1.2 Restore Customer Data and upgrade to 6.1.5, ale in VMWare ESXi 5.0. This steps all ork fine!

Upgrade -- > 9.1.2 fails with the attached errormessage.

That's NOT supported and that's not a jump upgrade, nowhere is stated or mentioned you can install ANYTHING else other than

• 6.1(4)

• 6.1(5)

• 7.1(3)

• 7.1(5)

On UCS, you need to do a FRESH install of any of the above version, and DRS from your MCS, then install .cop file, then upgrade.

What you're doing has not been tested nor approved by the BU, therefore it's not supported.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Yes, I know, but the life in the field is a little bit differ :-)

I am not touch the productiv system, because that they not start after the upgrade, the risk is to big.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080b1f305.shtml

and I have found more bugs.

So I need a MCS first to do the upgrade to 6.1.4 and do a backup.

Where I get a MCS?

The whole process is not made for real life.

What is your recommendation?

Unfortunately we provide the procedures, whether they're applicable for all scenarios or not, that depends on each deployment, but we can only support what has been tested to guarantee the system will work as expected.

Your last resource would be to try to DRS that server you have, then do a fresh install, restore on 6.1(4), then attempt again the upgrade, this has not been tested and I cannot tell whether it will work or not, if it doesn't work, you'll need to find another upgrade path from the ones available, or use BAT import/export.

HTH

java

HTH

java

The Customer have in Production 6.1.2. So I can not Restore in 6.1.4, I must install a fresh 6.1.2 and Restore, before I go to 6.1.4 or 6.1.5.

I would never try to upgrade the production system, because may be we run in the next issue and can not trust the upgradeprocess. Import/Export is to much work, because it is also not a straight on way..........

Basically I would expect a PC based Tool, set the old version, set the new version, import the Backup in the old version, press a button to convert ------ > Thats all and the output will Restore in the new fresh Installation.

Perfom a fresh installation and Restore the output from the tool.

However, I will perform that first upgrade on the MCS and start with 6.1.5 in Vmware (supported way) to 9.1.2, but I am sure, thats not the problem.

Cheers Armin

Hi, now I have a 7825-I4 for my upgrade path 6.1.2 -- > 9.1.2 and in this thread https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3174460#3174460

you had mentioned it is possible to install 6.1.2 on this server. But I run into a issue during boot from 6.1.2. It seems they don´t found the RAID Controler Driver.

For me it seems in the Comp Matrix as you refer in the thread, 6.1.2 is not supported on this server?

What is true?

Cheer Armin

Hi, I have now a server MCS 7835 they is supported. I done upgrade as mentioned in the guide. But still fail with the same issue! After Reboot and post install scripts they run still in this issue as you see at the picture.

Any help are appreciate.

Cheers Armin

Hi JAVA,

I got the same error by doing the same thing, so this is what I'm doing now:

Upgraded my MCS from 6.1(3) to 6.1(4)

DRS backup

Installing 6.1(4) fresh on UCS

Recover from DRS

Refresh Upgrade COP 1.2

install 9.1.2

**One more thing, will this work on UNITY CONNECTION,  I ask because I'm doing it on it??

Please let me know if the approach is good.

No, jump upgrade is ONLY for CUCM.

For CUC you need to follow the regular path on which you upgrade to, at least, the very first release supported on ESXi, so then you DRS from MCS to UCS.

OR, use COBRAS and take the backup directly from MCS to UCS.

But no, jump upgrade is only supported and validated for CUCM, no other app.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: