cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade fro CUCM 9.1.2 to CUCM 11

softserveinc
Level 1
Level 1

We are going to upgrade our CUCM from the version 9.1.2 to the version 11. We bought a contract for upgrade. So I have two questions. When do we send request to  migrate licenses from the version 9.1.2 to the version 11 -  before upgrade or after upgrade?  And the second question - what information we should attach  to this request?

5 Replies 5

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

you need to send the PLM request file after u successfully upgrade to CUCM11.You get 60 days grace period to get permanent lic file.

you need to attach the file which is generated from PLM [Prime License Manager]. Go to Licenses TAB ---Fulfillment ---other Fulfillment options -----Generate License request.

Copy the text  and save it in NOTEPAD. Share with licensing@cisco.com along with Sales Order number. The same u get after u place order through PUT.

regds,

aman

Thank you very much Aman. It was useful for me.

Hi,

I tried the option of Fulfill  Licenses from PAK but did not succeed because we need to have Call Manager on Internet .You should be able to ping tools.cisco.com /reach licensing server to make it work.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/plm/10_0_1/userguide/CPLM_BK_U7066CD8_00_user-guide-rel-10-0-1/CPLM_BK_U7066CD8_00_user-guide-rel-10-0-1_chapter_0100.html#CPLM_TK_M94BF43F_00

regds,

aman

Hi Aman.

Thank you for answer. I will check it and notify you.

Hi Aman again. I have one more question. About migration licenses for upgrading CUCM. I read that to update licenses for new version CUCM we should use PLM -> Migrate Licenses and send result to the Cisco Licenses team. Could you comment it? 

Thank you.