cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Viewmail, Unity Connection 8.6, Outlook 2010

don.click1
Level 4
Level 4

We are in the process of a migration from Cisco Unity 8.0 to Unity Connection 8.6.

I have recently installed Viewmail 8.6(4). It appears to have installed fine - no errors for me, and I am able to "Test" the connection and all seems great. I have a new "New voice Message" button on my home ribbon, and that portion works fine.

The issue is that with any voicemail that comes in, I dont have the media manager tool bar options - the only option I have is to "preview" the file with Windows Media Player.

The question - did I misconfigure Unity Connection, or is there something else going on?

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How is Unity Connection integrated with Exchange? This will only work if you are using the Unified Messaging (aka Single Inbox) feature. ViewMail will not work If your message action is Relay or Accept and Relay. This is because Connection needs to set the message class which isn't possible through SMTP but is through EWS.

don.click1
Level 4
Level 4

Since posting, we determined that I was leaving voicemails on the OLD (production) system, not the new. it appears to be working properly once I leave a message on the correct server.

Thanks!