cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What Log files are okay to delete? UCCX, CUCM

ghuguenin
Level 1
Level 1

I am curious as to what log files are okay to delete through RTMT. Yes I read the quick version of it, select your log file through RTMT in trace & log central and remove from there. 

Still does not answer my question. People say common ones are okay, but where/which ones are those in RTMT?

I essentially have a sftp backup that cant finish due to the tar file can't be created on the device before it is sent out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The log files are collected for a purpose. They are required for troubleshooting a specific issue which may have happened today or even 10 days ago. Generally trace files worth last 10-15 days are sufficient if you are proactive in identifying the issues and opening cases on time. There are a few traces which use up lot of space of they are set to detailed level like the ones below

CUCM---
Cisco Callmanager
Cisco CTIManager

UCCx---
Cisco Unified CCX Engine

The best approach is to set up scheduled trace collection which will transfer the trace files periodically from the cucm or uccx server to an external location thereby freeing up space on your servers on a regular basis. please check below on how to set it up

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/31766/scheduled-trace-collection-rtmt-cucm-appliance-model

HTH
Manish