cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

When is the appliance database upgraded?

tony loktu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

When upgrading a UC appliance, is the database upgraded during the upgrade or the the switch?

We are upgrading all servers for a customer (6x CUCM, UCCX HA, CUC...) from 8.0 to 9.x and moving them from MCS to ESXi on UCS.

The CUC has an ES that nobody can find so i have to upgrade the CUC ES to a 8.5 version just above the ES version. But yesterday i discovered that the CUC has an upgraded inactive partion.

If the database is converted during the installation of the upgrade i have to to the upgrade then switch. But it the database is upgraded during the switch i only have to do the switch.

/Tony

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For most products - definitely for CUCM and CUC - it happens during the upgrade so you're going to have to upgrade and switch version again.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For most products - definitely for CUCM and CUC - it happens during the upgrade so you're going to have to upgrade and switch version again.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hi Jonathan

I thought so.

Thanks  for the answer

/Tony