cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cluster of Different Server Nodes under same Hyperflex

jahanzaib amin
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to built cluster of 2 Different Server nodes under the same Hyperflex?

For example 3 Server Nodes of HXAF240C-M5SX and 3 Server Nodes of HX-UC-C220M5SX work under same hyperflex?

4 Replies 4

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You cannot mix those models of servers as converged storage nodes, as they have very different configurations for storage (i.e. 24 drives vs 10.

In later versions, you can mix M4/M5 units within the same line (i.e. 220, 240).

Kirk...

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I didn't mean to converged the storage of 2 Different Nodes model together. I mean to keep both Nodes Cluster (HXAF240C-M5SX) & (HX-UC-C220M5SX) separately from each other under the single Hyperflex domain.

I hope this work fine?

Hyperflex Version: 3.5(2a)

UCS Version: 4.0 (1C)

You can mix 240m4/240m5 or 220m4/220m5 which will have same drive capacity.

You cannot mix 240 and 220s as they are very different configurations.

Kirk...

@jahanzaib amin wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I didn't mean to converged the storage of 2 Different Nodes model together. I mean to keep both Nodes Cluster (HXAF240C-M5SX) & (HX-UC-C220M5SX) separately from each other under the single Hyperflex domain.

They cannot be in the same HyperFlex domain. You have to create a separate HX cluster, but you can use the same UCS FI's. You can have up to 8 separate HX clusters on a single pair of FI.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card